Circulation vs Ventilation

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Maybe a dumb question @bryverine , but which heat are you hoping to contain inside with that insulation? Are you planning on using a heatpad or something like that?
If you weren't, the insulation would be redundant, since spiders do not radiate bodyheat, and any change of temperature needs to come from outside the enclosure.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Example:
If I have an Avic enclosure with 80% humidity inside ( :eek: ) and put it in a room with 80% humidity ( :drowning: ), will adding more holes in the enclosure really help? Unless there's a difference in humidity am I doing more than just effectively circulating the air?
I see your point I think. I'm no ecologist. But I think the answer is YES it would make a difference if adding more holes, ie better than not adding even though in theory the room + container have an equal amount humidity. I could be completely wrong mind you.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Hmm. If both the inside of the enclosure and the outside room is the same humidity... I still think more ventilation is better. You don't want to limit the air flow going into/out of the enclosure because that will result in stagnant air. Air moves a lot more than people realize it does, even without a fan or other artificial source of air circulation.