Circular Vents for T enclosures

psykoink

Arachnopeon
I have looked everywhere for the round aluminum circular screen vents that I see so many people use on their T enclosures with no luck. That was until Sunday. I came across this website http://www.mflouver.com/round_aluminum_louvers/aluminum6.html The ones I purchased were the RST-100 mill finished, 1" and 2". I spoke to someone named Jay. They had a minimal order of 144 pieces, but when I explained that was a bit much he worked with me and I purchased 100. The prices are fantastic and the shipping cost is low. I have seen other websites sell them for so much more and the shipping was rediculous. Just thought I would let anyone know who is looking for these. They are in Connecticut. Jay is a super nice guy.

Chris:razz:

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I use Midget Louver's and they were charging me 13 per dozen. If I may ask you, what did they charge you for 100 of them shipped?

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have looked everywhere for the round aluminum circular screen vents that I see so many people use on their T enclosures with no luck. That was until Sunday. I came across this website http://www.mflouver.com/round_aluminum_louvers/aluminum6.html The ones I purchased were the RST-100 mill finished, 1" and 2". I spoke to someone named Jay. They had a minimal order of 144 pieces, but when I explained that was a bit much he worked with me and I purchased 100. The prices are fantastic and the shipping cost is low. I have seen other websites sell them for so much more and the shipping was rediculous. Just thought I would let anyone know who is looking for these. They are in Connecticut. Jay is a super nice guy.

Chris:razz:
I actually just ordered several hundred from MF Louvers. Great service. They ran me a custom order without their company embossing on it. The only bad thing for me what that I ended up with a $65 importation duty (canada).

I kept what I needed and sold off the rest, to make the importation worth my while.

They are nice quality. My only complaint would be that the screen on most of mine have a slight bow inward, as opposed to being completely taught. I got the ones with the 4 tabs. The ones with the solid barrel were too difficult to work with. I've outfitted almost all 40 of my Ts with these without any problems.

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I use Midget Louver's and they were charging me 13 per dozen. If I may ask you, what did they charge you for 100 of them shipped?
I think they are about 72 cents a piece if I remember right for the 2" tabbed

psykoink

Arachnopeon
I paid $71.00 for 100 vents. I have seen them being sold for $25.00 for a dozen plus shipping on some sites. Even if they were $1.00 each, that would still be a good deal compaired to most. I know about 5 people who are looking to get these. If I pool together with them and order even more, like 300-400 vents the discount price increases. What I like is that he has them from 1" up to 4". That gives the little AMAC cubes great ventilation using the 1" vents and anything custom up to 4" vents.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I use tarantulacages.com vents, cut a 2" hole with a hole saw and they pop in perfectly!

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I use tarantulacages.com vents, cut a 2" hole with a hole saw and they pop in perfectly!

Half price if you go to Midget Louver directly and cut them down yourself.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Thanks for thew heads up!! I have been wanting some but they are a bit pricey for me. I would have used a dozen in no time flat. I was actually looking online for vents YESTERDAY!! Thanks a bunch. :worship:

psykoink

Arachnopeon
I'm not out any cost since I generally just trade for them. LOL
I wish I could do that, things would be so much easier. Problem is that i like my T's so much I couldnt part with any, lol. By the way Rob, those P. penderseni slings are doing great. Eating very well and they are some webbers, lol. Thanks again.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You have an advantage that many of us don't.
I may try the link you posted, are they screened? I just trade slings when I need some. I just like the way the tarantulacages.com vents look.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I wish I could do that, things would be so much easier. Problem is that i like my T's so much I couldnt part with any, lol. By the way Rob, those P. penderseni slings are doing great. Eating very well and they are some webbers, lol. Thanks again.
Mine are all 3rd instars now...are yours??

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I may try the link you posted, are they screened? I just trade slings when I need some. I just like the way the tarantulacages.com vents look.
They are the exact same vents. The advantage with the other companies over Tarantulacages.com is that you have a choice of colors and a choice in sizes. They are powdercoated. For my 2.5 gallon series of my Enclosure Creations I like to use the 1.5" vents.

psykoink

Arachnopeon
Mine are all 3rd instars now...are yours??
They have all molted once since I have received them from you. The smaller of the 3 will only take fruit flies, while the other 2 will take small crickets. I have a small colony of Dubia, but they wont take them yet. I have some really tiny ones but they dont move enough to catch their attention.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They have all molted once since I have received them from you. The smaller of the 3 will only take fruit flies, while the other 2 will take small crickets. I have a small colony of Dubia, but they wont take them yet. I have some really tiny ones but they dont move enough to catch their attention.
I'm deviating on your thread a little since you being the OP did. :D

but your situation with dubia is EXACTLY why i moved to Lats. I fed for the first time all my slings with lats and not a SINGLE one got refused!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Mine are eating Dubia like crazy LOL!!!