Cinnamon Pinktoe Owners. I need help!!

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know I've been saying this alot but I need help! I have a Cinnamon Pinktoe sling. Is it unusual for this Arboreal to be hiding like a burrower in the corner covered by a thin layer of peat moss? She seems to be moving around fine, if a little bit sluggish. But she just cannot seem to gather the strength to climb the walls of her jar like she usually does. She ate a pretty sizable 1/4 inch cricket yesterday. (I've covered in another thread that I ordinarily solder the larger than pinhead crickets' mandibles before feeding them to slings.)

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Can no one offer me any advice? Where are all the Avic experts when I need them! :(

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't know exactly, but some aboreal slings stick close to the groud when little. Since it ate recently, I wouldn't worry too much unless it starts to curl. It will climb if it wants to. Hope that helped a little.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh thank you, thank you Pate! I knew I could count on you for reassurance. I'm a rank amateur when it comes to taking care of slings. I guess that meal Blondie ate yesterday is bogging her down. I mean she ate a whole 1/4 inch cricket that was nearly her size.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I only have a versi sling.
But when she behaved like that I moved her to something smaller. It seemed to give her a bit more assurance somehow and she started acting better.
Hope this helps some.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'll have to see if I can find a sister with empty baby jars I guess. I don't have any since I've never had kids. Hmmmm....maybe I'll feed the Millis I'm getting veggie babyfood with no additives and harmful preservative for awhile along with the fresh veggies I bought for them. That way I can get an empty Babyfood Jar. But chances are that once I've emotied it, My sling will have grown.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Update: Blondie is doing fine. I think it's just the size of her previous meal that was weighing her down.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When you say cinnamon Pink toe, do you mean A. aurantiaca?
What type of container do you have her in? I have my spiderling in a vial for now until she goes through another molt or so. I'm glad to hear she's doing better, it was probably the big meal that slowed her down. I fed mine a 1/4" or so cricket yesterday and he/she has been hanging out since.