cicada

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Found this cicada today , i will keep it till it molts to adult and take pix then releas it . never found one in this state before.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Found this cicada today , i will keep it till it molts to adult and take pix then releas it . never found one in this state before.
very nice (again)! i found one just like that, and it popped out overnight... you should have a beautiful surprise anytime now...:D

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ive never seen cicadas like those. Ours are sorta green and blue ...well maybe i should say green and sorta blue lol hard to describe lol
Its still stuck to the cork bark. hasnt split yet.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I witnessed that in my room after I caught a nymph, it molted on my sheets and i didnt want to move it and disturb it.

As it was emerging it made squeaking noises and you could hear it's body make crunching noises as it's skin started to expand, and green fluid came out like it was sweating.

But mine was female so it made no noise.

I would mist it lightly with water, it helps because outside early morning their is moisture in the air. But not in your house.

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
In north Texas, there are four varieties common, with the green one being by the hundreds in every neighborhood near Dallas during the summer.... though the numbers seems to have dwindled over the past 30 years....

charlet_2007

Arachnopeon
ive never seen cicadas like those. Ours are sorta green and blue ...well maybe i should say green and sorta blue lol hard to describe lol
Its still stuck to the cork bark. hasnt split yet.
thats the 17 year cicadas they are goldish brown and black with red eyes they come out every 17 years.. compaired to the every year cicadas that are green... i was 7 last time they stared to molt.. and there was alot of them.. this year I haven't seen a one...:(