Chromatopelma cyanopubescens growth rate

jaycied

Arachnoknight
How fast do these guys usually grow?? I've had my baby that I bought at 1/2" a month and a half ago and it has since molted twice! The last one was literally 5 minutes ago. No joke, just watched it free itself from the molt. Are they a quick growing species or do I maybe just have a male?

Pic is of when I first got it, it's at least doubled.

Attachments

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Mine has only molted twice since January. It is about midrange on the speed of growth scale for all of mine so far. Slower than my Pokie, but faster than my G. pulchripes. This is only my experience though.

cold blood

Staff member
Medium...but when small many slings grow really fast. As the sling grows, this will slow considerably. Growth rates are not an indicator of "it might be male"...IME females grow faster more often....but its not an indicator of female either. Several times I have asked breeders for males and they quickly would say "oh I got a big one, I am sure its male" or "I'll just give you one of the biggest ones"...every one has grown into a female. You cannot remotely determine sex by growth rate....or abdomen size for that matter....I always :banghead: when I read this.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Medium (3" and up)-fast (slings and Juvies under 3"). I base this off of the growth rate of my large female.

KenTheOtherBugGuy

Arachnosquire
I'd like that kind of growth..>.< like people said, slings grows faster than juveniles and adults. Enjoy while it lasts.

Screamingreenmachine

Arachnosquire
I'd say medium to medium/fast. I purchased mine at 3/4 inch last August and it molted today and I'm guessing it is now around 3.5 inches.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They grow pretty fast. Depends on many variables though.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Got mine July last year as a 2cm sling, it had moulted in transit when I received it but was fine, it's moulted a further 5 times and is over 3 inches now.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Slings grow fast. Kept them on 23-ish °C, fed three times a week. Molted twice a month, then a month, then three or longer once they reached the juvi stage. Doubled in size each molt up until they had their adult colours.