Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens?

lindell687

Arachnopeon
Anyone ever have this species common name bluebottle green was curious about them?
Thanks

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens is one of my favorites. Not sure what you want to know. Mine is a great eater almost never turns down a fresh cricket. Also she is incredably fast.Mine dont burrow but she does web
extensivly. I hear they are flickers but mine never has.
They like dry substrate and I provide a small water dish.
Mine also knows if here k.K. is open a cricket is comming.
Poor dumb Crik Never sees it comming.
Jason

lindell687

Arachnopeon
i curently have a B. smithi wanted to venture into a different variety of tarantula just general knowledge
thanks

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Review...lol

Well, when I got mine it was 1" and very skittish. It has molted twice in my care and started to show blue/green on the femurs around 1.5". It is currently 1.75" and very beautiful. It is not so skittish now (prolly used to me looking at it all the time), and is pretty much always out in the open. She (hopefully) likes to sit on her web alot and hasn't used the hide since I put her in the habitat...other than to snatch a cricket out. She did web over it and leave an open hole, so I imagine she either uses it when I am not looking or she intends to use it. She is a very good eater, and hasn't turned down a cricket or mealworm yet. Though not as aggressive of an eater as some of my others...she will still pounce on food from inches away in a spectacularly fashioned tackle. I have yet to see her kick hairs at me, or throw a threat display...she actually seems very docile. She is very active, and lots of fun to watch. Her habitat is currently around 75-78 degrees with humidity around 68-73%. She seems to like it quite well, but as she gets larger I will allow the humidity to drop to around 60-65%. All in all this is an awesome T, it was my first purchase and I am VERY pleased with her. I would highly recommend one to anyone, as this makes a great starter T. They are hardy, and dont need high humidity to thrive (although small slings will handle it better than adults). Very beautiful, and well worth it. Get one, you wont be disappointed.

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I do believe it is called to or referred to as a green bottle blue...... but we know what you mean..........love them. I do have to get more of them. Just love the color and the webbing they produce.......They eat well and grow fast and maintain the color. Not too tempermental either.

lindell687

Arachnopeon
i imagine you use vermiculite and peat moss mix? aslo how big of a cage do you use for it?

thanks

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You can use either substrate or a mixture. It will do well in either. They do prefer it on the dry side with a nice water dish. Usually always out and about except when they get a bit larger. They tend to web themselves in more, and when it gets closer to molting they will really web up more. But they usually don't stay hidden either. They do come out and roam around looking for prey.

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i imagine you use vermiculite and peat moss mix? aslo how big of a cage do you use for it?

thanks

Currently I use a mix of organic peat moss and vermiculite. Mixed to about 60/40. Mine is currently in a 4"x4"x4" AMAC display cube. He will get two more transfers I believe; one to a 1gal. KK when he is about 2.5" and another transfer at around 4" to a 5 or possibly 10 gal. aquarium.

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I keep mine on coco fibre. One of my favorite T's. Every molt is interesting because the sling looks a little different each time. Mine is pretty nervous, but well behaved(no flicking of hairs or threat displays). Mine is about 2 to 2 1/2 inches in size. Keep it in a plastic display case I purchased at Hobby Lobby. I would put this species in the top 5 of most have T's in my opinion.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have had two. My first moulted out as a mature male last summer and I send him to breed. His lady friend had him for lunch.
I have a sling now. I love them and would recommend them to anyone wanting a stunningly beautiful T. They are fast, colorful, have wonderful appetites and web everything in sight!!! They are very easy to keep as well. Give them a water dish and keep them bone dry, feed them once a week and that is it.
They are wonderful and you won't be sorry if you get one.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They're a beautiful species. Been quite tricky to get hold of in the uk recently. I got mine from Sven Koppler last year.
Moulted on Friday but this is mine before the last moult: