Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are GBBs lazy? my Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens never goes more than a few inches from his burrow and if food doesn't come close enough for it to grab he doesn't go for it at all. Could this be because it may not be hungry any more and I should take the crickets out or is it gonna sit and wait? Tell me (if anyone can) from this picture below if I should take out the crickets from my GBB's abdomen. If you need another picture I'll take one. Its like all the crickets chill basically behind the GBB's hide on the opposite side of the cork bark lol cause they know my GBB isn't going to go over where they are...Great.:clap:

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Once again I think it depends on the individual spider. My female will walk her whole tank everynight but on the other hand my male will only stick his feet out of his hide and that's about it. The other thing you have to think about is yours is still a sling and might be feeling a little vunerable so it doesn't wanna be too far from the saftey of home.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Your GBB looks a little fat. It may just not be interested till it's hide is threatened.

BTW that a BIG water dish for such a small guy...

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
BTW that a BIG water dish for such a small guy...
Yea, I know lol...but most of the stuff here I have for water bowls are just big tops and whenever i use a soda bottle top it dries out quickly.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's probably not hungry. I would remove the crickets if they have been there for more than 12 hours. GBB's are pretty good eaters so if it's not eating remove them.

I agree that the water dish is way too big. They really don't need a water dish at that size if they you drop a few drops of water into a corner of the enclosure every few days.

What size enclosure is that sling in? It must be pretty big to have a hide and water dish that size.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah all my slings that size are in containers that dont even have room for water dish. Just every 4 days or so i drop some water down the sides. They have all done well, molted (except for my G Pulchra sling) and eat happily twice a week on 1 small cricket