Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens???

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
+1 on everything Mushroom spore said. "Incredibly fast" is actually a bit of an understatement. :) My M. balfouri are the only ones in my collection that are faster than the GBBs. Definitely easy and enjoyable to care for, though. I recently acquired another GBB. Within the first few hours of being in its new enclosure it had it well customized: dumped its water bowl and incorporated water bowl and substrate into its webbing. No collection is complete without at least one of these guys. It's definitely fun to watch them grow and change colors from little slings into adults.

I've noticed, as far as availability, that they seem to be seasonal. Just keep checking the major distributors and the For Sale thread here.

---------- Post added 08-07-2011 at 07:30 PM ----------

You responded to a four year old post...
Hmmm... guess I did, too...

DreadLobster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are they hard to take care of?
They're not difficult at all. They can be quick when they wanna be, so I wouldn't say they're the perfect beginner species, but as far temperature, humidity, feeding, etc, they're super easy. They like it dry (just a water dish), they're fine at room temperature, and they're awesome eaters. Mine's never so much as given me a threat display, but they're all over food the second it lands in their cage.

---------- Post added 08-08-2011 at 02:39 AM ----------

I WANT YOUR T SOOO BAD!!! ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!

All this talk makes me want one now, haha. Thanks for the information guys, it really helps.
They lose that beautiful coloration on their abdomen as they get older. I mean they're still cool looking, but they don't have the striped pattern... just orange. They're definitely still one of the coolest looking T's out there, but I just think they're even cooler looking when they're little.

And Meaningless End: The speed is the issue when handling them. Not that I'm against handling (I'm all for it actually, and do often), but when you're holding a T that is that quick and also not arboreal, they're a danger to themselves. Keep them close to the ground... they're not built to handle a fall, and even the slowest T is capable of moving faster than we can react.

---------- Post added 08-08-2011 at 02:40 AM ----------

+1 on everything Mushroom spore said. "Incredibly fast" is actually a bit of an understatement. :) My M. balfouri are the only ones in my collection that are faster than the GBBs. Definitely easy and enjoyable to care for, though. I recently acquired another GBB. Within the first few hours of being in its new enclosure it had it well customized: dumped its water bowl and incorporated water bowl and substrate into its webbing. No collection is complete without at least one of these guys. It's definitely fun to watch them grow and change colors from little slings into adults.

I've noticed, as far as availability, that they seem to be seasonal. Just keep checking the major distributors and the For Sale thread here.

---------- Post added 08-07-2011 at 07:30 PM ----------

Hmmm... guess I did, too...
Wow... ha ha I didn't notice how old the other posts were when I started replying...

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow... ha ha I didn't notice how old the other posts were when I started replying...
Yeah, me too. LOL The thread came up under "New Posts", so I replied to it...