Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens Open Thread

grumpycow3

Arachnosquire
How much bigger? Can you post a pic of them side by side? The sub in the first one doesn't look swampy or anything, it shouldn't take too long to dry. You could even take out some of the sub in there giving it a bit more head room.
I'm not at home rn but I'll post one when I get in. You're right I could do that since I've heard they don't really burrow even as slings

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks! I'll bear this in mind
At least that’s how I’ve done it, it’s worked for me. Out of everything and even as dry as I’ve always kept it even from 2i im not sure I’ve ever caught it drinking

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I really enjoy mine. I bought it as a 1 inch sling November last year and it's currently 2.5 inches dls.

I'm going to quote a member but been awhile so don't remember who it was but the saying stuck. 'If you kill a GBB you might as well quit the hobby'

Couldn't be more true. IMO thee best T to start with for newcomers. Kept on bone dry substrate, provide water dish, setup as slightly partial arboreal enclosure, anchor points for webbing, you're done.

Only thing to be prepared for is they are a little fast. You set them up right then their speed is for directly retreating to their web cocoon hide, easy pezy.

Rehousing.....well just have your method down and you'll be fine.