Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens growth Rate

Vish

Arachnopeon
I'm thinking about getting a C. Cyaneopubescens and wanted to know how fast they grow to decide rather I should get a Sling or not.
I saw what awesome changes they go through while growing so it's probably pretty awesome either way but I'm still curious.
I'd love to hear your experiences!

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
Growth rate is determined by a plethora of factors including sex, temperature, feeding, genetics and more. For most people though the C. cyaneopubescens is a medium to medium-fast grower, meaning as slings they might molt every 1-2 months which will slow down as they reach the juvenile and adult stage. In terms of when precisely the color change might happen, there really isn’t a straight answer since it can vary but others will share their personal experiences

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
medium. get about 3-4 inches in 3 years. Substrate dry, a hide and a frame work of branches for them to web. They are NOT semi arboreal so the enclosure can be low. My AF is 5" plus DLS, I have about a 3" unsexed as well
I really enjoy mine and will try to breed (again) as soon as I find another bachelor.

Vish

Arachnopeon
medium. get about 3-4 inches in 3 years. Substrate dry, a hide and a frame work of branches for them to web. They are NOT semi arboreal so the enclosure can be low. My AF is 5" plus DLS, I have about a 3" unsexed as well
Sounds pretty neat. I find it quite weird that so many people label them as semi-arboreal. I don't have any personal experience with that species but it seems like a common misinformation. Do you (or anyone else) know why?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Sounds pretty neat. I find it quite weird that so many people label them as semi-arboreal. I don't have any personal experience with that species but it seems like a common misinformation. Do you (or anyone else) know why?
I think some were found in some low bushes, they may have gone there during a flood or something. It's one of those misconceptions that doesn't die. They are also an arid species, but you can do a seasonal swamping.
So this is a standard cork ledge burrow with dried grape beaches near the entry. So she has a deck on top of her home and a very cool looking foyer. They love to web, so give them the opportunity
Cali Temple O Doom.jpg

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
i've raised over a dozen and they grow quickly. the specimens i raised were fed as much as they can take down once a week. they were kept in my living room with house temps 67-75F but average 72F. a 1/2" sling can reach 3" in a year easily.
they take food readily and are in premolt if they refuse to eat. they kick hairs a lot. a larger enclosure where they aren't likely to web the lid helps to keep this to a minimum. hardy slings. can't go wrong

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
The individuality of them will become apparent the moment you unbox them. Some are spicy and some are reserved. Some are cautious, some easily disturbed. Some grow a bit faster than others. You should get a sling if you enjoy the shifting of patterns you mentioned. I absolutely love it. I wouldn't have 10 of them if I didn't like it. They can sometimes be difficult to feed. The webbing is by a long shot the best part.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I have been really lucky. Mine have never been major hair kickers. My AF just molted and she kicked a few hairs when I was pulling her molt out. Expected, she is in defensive mode after a molt. Most of the time she is pretty chill, then again I just let mine be. Open the enclosures for food and water, pretty much it.
As others have said here, they like to eat. If they don't they are headed towards a molt

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm thinking about getting a C. Cyaneopubescens and wanted to know how fast they grow to decide rather I should get a Sling or not.
I saw what awesome changes they go through while growing so it's probably pretty awesome either way but I'm still curious.
I'd love to hear your experiences!

All things being equal, they are fast growing species.

Many factors affect growth rates. NEVER make a judgement on a growth rate of a specimen without actually knowing from the owner all the variables involved, which have been mentioned here millions of times.

Ajherm

Arachnopeon
I hope you found him a date. Crazy that it molted every month for 5 months, then did a 2 month, and 4 months later hooked out. I am guessing heat is what made it so quick
Not yet hopefully soon he just molted yesterday. Still looking for someone close that has a female

Seemannnni

Arachnoknight
Got my sling July of 2020 at approx. 3/4" - it's now a good ~2 inches. I'm expecting a molt soon. I'm in a very temperate region, with temperatures in the room falling to about 65 in the dead of winter and high 80's in Summer.

Vish

Arachnopeon
I think some were found in some low bushes, they may have gone there during a flood or something. It's one of those misconceptions that doesn't die. They are also an arid species, but you can do a seasonal swamping.
So this is a standard cork ledge burrow with dried grape beaches near the entry. So she has a deck on top of her home and a very cool looking foyer. They love to web, so give them the opportunity
Ah yeah okay, that kinda sucks. Hopefully it's not too harmful to keep them Semi-Arboreal because I'd figure many People do keep them like that.
And man I really love the webbing they do. It makes the whole enclosure so beautiful and natural. I'm sure it'll be great fun to keep one or two in the future.