Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens Burrowing ???

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That's right ! It looks like my GBB is starting a burrow ? I didn't think they were oportunistics burrowers.

Does anyone else have a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens that's formed a burrow ?

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, mine never burrowed. He had a coconut hide and used it whenever he felt like it, but then again, he had somewhere to hide. He might have dug a burrow if he felt the need to hide and had no where to do it.

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine hasn't before....then again I have only had it for about 8 months or so, so not as much viewing as others.....

dirk14

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
maybe it doesnt have a hide for retreat thats y i decided to go underground

calyst

Arachnopeon
I currently have a sling that has sort of made a burrow, most of it is more like a trench but about 1/4 of it is actually a burrow.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Mine hasn't burrowed since I bought it in May. But then again, it always had a curved shard of a large terra cotta pot to hide under when it felt the need. Otherwise it seems more apt to web everything in its enclosure than dig a hole.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine created a web curtain that ended up looking like a burrow. It only stays inside during molting periods.

my_dead_valenti

Arachnopeon
does know bodys act aboreal? they do have a tendancy to become aboreal?
iv got a spiderling, and she doesnt spen too much time on the floor, just on her webbing on her cork bark. i know they webb loads when adults, its a curious thing.

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a 2.75" incher that spends alot of time off the ground as well, and webs everything. At first I thought it was too humid for it but later I found out that it just like being off the ground, its the most active spider I own. Mine has never tryed to burrow.

my_dead_valenti

Arachnopeon
yea i thought she didnt like the substrate as she was clinging on to the walls, ofcourse i needed to add a piece of cork bark, when i did she webbed it up, then did it again and everywhere else, its great.:drool:

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
does know bodys act aboreal? they do have a tendancy to become aboreal?
iv got a spiderling, and she doesnt spen too much time on the floor, just on her webbing on her cork bark. i know they webb loads when adults, its a curious thing.
they become somewhat arboreal...but only in so much as spinning web all over the place and staying in it. so if it silks up a piece of cork bark at the top then its going to pretty much stay there. also...it wont take it long to start webbing up everything. they dont have to be adults. 3 of mine started doing it at about 1 1/2". the other 4 at around 2"

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, I've had mine since about July and all she's done is made an incredible web ALL over the place but very pleasing to watch. No burrowing at all.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Update

Seems I was wrong. My GBB was pulling up substrate to place with webbing on the walls of it's tank. I have a piece of cork bark floor to ceiling in one corner. I guess it wants to fully dark hide, so it's doing its own " wallpaper "

These things are SOOOOO cool !