Chromatopelma Cyaneopubecens GBB Setup Arboreal or Terrestrial

omgjelly

Arachnopeon
I've had my GBB for a year now and was sent to me with as a sling with an enclosure (sling kit from FNT) that was taller than it was wide. I have since moved them to an arboreal enclosure as I failed to note that they are a terrestrial-semi arboreal species. Does anyone keep their GBBs in an arboreal set up? Should I move them?

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
Though the Gbb can and often does make use of vertical decor (branches, bark, plants etc) as contact points for webbing, it is a terrestrial spider. Keep this in mind when choosing an enclosure/constructing its environment.

Floor space > height

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've had my GBB for a year now and was sent to me with as a sling with an enclosure (sling kit from FNT) that was taller than it was wide. I have since moved them to an arboreal enclosure as I failed to note that they are a terrestrial-semi arboreal species. Does anyone keep their GBBs in an arboreal set up? Should I move them?
It’s a terrestrial species

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It is a terrestrial tarantula for sure and it should not be given the height of an arboreal they can get damaged for sure if they fall with a large abdomen.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
1) build a burrow, I used a big piece of bark. 2) Place some branches on either side of the entrance 3) Let T do the rest

Cali Temple O Doom.jpg

How the enclosure looked when she first moved in.
Cali Breed 1.jpg