Christmas in August!

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
Had the privilege of watching my son's sling molt today. It's an Avicularia versicolor named Mystery. While watching I noticed our unknown sling was white, it had molted too! His Brachypelma smithi named Absinthe is also getting ready to molt. Her abdomen has darkened up dramatically and I watched her kick hairs all over her hide. I believe she's in day 31 of premolt. Mystery Molting.jpg Mystery out.jpg Unknown Molting.jpg Absinthe premolt.jpg

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
That's always fun to watch no matter how many times I see it.
I'm glad I was able to see it. I missed the last B. smithi molt. The versi stopped eating and started to Web heavily 11 days ago. The unknown sling was on 5 days ago.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I miss a lot of mine but still manage to see some of them molting. The bigger they get the longer it takes so you'll have more of a window to observe them.

Here are a few photos from when my one of my G.pulchripes molted. It was some of the best molt shots I have got so far.

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
That is awesome! How often has your G. pulchripes been molting? I know my unknown sling is one of three possibilities. G. pulchripes, B. boehmei, or L. parahybana. Just not sure which, yet.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
That is awesome! How often has your G. pulchripes been molting? I know my unknown sling is one of three possibilities. G. pulchripes, B. boehmei, or L. parahybana. Just not sure which, yet.
They are spread out on their molting but about every 25 -35 days. They eat very well and rarely turn food down.

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
That's good to know. I'm hoping it's a pulchripes or boehmei. I was able to see those two in person at a reptile show, absolutely gorgeous!