Choosing New Species

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Out of these.Which would you rather see more of in hobby?
Androctonus liouvillei
Androctonus Bicolor
Hottentotta gentili
Hottentotta jayakari
Hottentotta tamulus sindicus
Parabuthus pallidus
Parabuthus transvaalicus

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Out of these.Which would you rather see more of in hobby?
Androctonus liouvillei
Androctonus Bicolor
Hottentotta gentili
Hottentotta jayakari
Hottentotta tamulus sindicus
Parabuthus pallidus
Parabuthus transvaalicus
I vote all.

My top 3 would be

Androctonus Bicolor
Hottentotta jayakari
Parabuthus transvaalicus

for looks alone.

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Firstly, Parabuthus transvaalicus.. i've seen a few for sale here and there but at a nice whopping 50-80$. Not the most dangerous of the buthids but a very nice looking scorpion with good size.

Second. A. bicolor. i guess i have a thing for the brown/black scorpions with impressive metasoma.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hottentotta jayakari
plus non native Centruroides

cannabeast

Arachnosquire
Hottentotta gentili is so freakin cool. he looks very nice. i would love to see more of him around.

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've come close to taking a chance,and ordering from accross seas.I just don't know if it would be worth the risk.I'd love to see and own all the species I listed.Its like Tityus Sp.Some of them are awesome looking,but alot of them are not in the U.S.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If I can only choose 1 I will choose A BICOLOR! especially the aenesh morp

Androctonus Bicolor
Hottentotta gentili
Androctonus liouvillei

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've come close to taking a chance,and ordering from accross seas.I just don't know if it would be worth the risk.I'd love to see and own all the species I listed.Its like Tityus Sp.Some of them are awesome looking,but alot of them are not in the U.S.
I don't think scorpion will survive 14 days its really a big risk specially of getting caught by the customs. What scorps are you planning to get ? there are a lot of under ground high end keeper here in the US. you just have to find them lol, this people don't usually sell stuff in the classfieds try posting what you want and someone that has that sp might pm you but be careful of scammers.

cannabeast

Arachnosquire
we got a lot of tityus species here. which would you rather like to see soon out of the tityus species. i hold one tityus stigmurus.

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Personally I would LOVE to see Apistobuthus pterygocerus in the US trade. But out of the group I would have to say due to the P trans' "squirtgun" ability they are top of the list! Then A bicolor then H jayakari.

Last edited:

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
we got a lot of tityus species here. which would you rather like to see soon out of the tityus species. i hold one tityus stigmurus.
Personally again I would like to see T paraensis! Quite possibly the most wicked lookin Tityus with those super long chela.