Genus Chilobrachys

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
have fun owing the little critter... a friend of mine has a female that will throw herself on her back murinus-style, exposing her fangs and dripping venom if you so much as look at her {D

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
She's not pissed, she is waving hello, with her fangs.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How cute! I had a sling flick hairs at me from its little vial once and fell in love with the thing, so I took it home. Now I have a fun-loving spastic squirrel for a tarantula who never ceases to delight me.

Did she take a chunk of you with her, or just threaten to?

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How cute is that?!?!! I love seein spiders in threat posture.. slings r the best.. when i got my Yamia sp. "Koh Samui" sling, i was unwrapping the tissue and it ran out and threw itself into threat posture. it wasnt even 1cm big LOL!!!

urs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And here is the result of breeding(my half):

Best regards Uros

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I bought a 4" spider under the name C. Bravipes. I'm pretty sure one little C. Brevipes didn't find it's way to Sweden for the measly price of about $17. So I'm guessing it's a C. Huahini, judging from availability and color.

Is there any other way of ID'ing this spider except for the two factors mentioned above?

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the reply. My spider looks nothing like the spider you posted in the linked thread. Perhaps it will change in the upcoming molt though. It's about to molt any second now, dark and plump.

Tcrazy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Freshley molted Chilobrachy burmensis

CHILOBRACHY BURMENSIS before molt

just molted CHILOBRACHY BURMENSIS

Apophis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
6" female Chilobrachys dyscolus eating her mate after making love :wall: :wall:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes he did, fortunately! Last time I didn't see any, but this time I did!
So fingers crossed from now on! :D
I definately have them crossed for you, such a beautiful species. Maybe she got mad that he actually knew what he was doing this time.;)

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
GoTerps.. maybe you can lend some assistance in my huahini breedings. Im having a little trouble with these two. The male doesnt pursue the female, and the female doesnt acknowledge the male. Last night's mating attempt went something like this...

It started as all fun and games with a Conga Line

Then I thought I saw romance

But then something odd happened, something Ive never seen before!!

which resulted in this..

Any recommendations?

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha mass idk but it was funny to see, if you do get a sac later and plan on selling them pm me sometime.

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Any recommendations?
Hi Morels,
Your female will not respond so soon to a big disturbance in her enclosure. I can see you've taken some of the furniture away to get the shots, a lot of her silk home has been upset and she's naturally on edge. Fisrt thing she is thinking is that she is under attack, and has responded accordingly. She will need a couple of days without you disturbing the enclosure (other than to remove excess silk from the outer areas of the enclosure, this is good to remove so the male can locate the female, if there is only silk at her home, he can pinpoint her instead of freaking out with silk everywhere, a chemoreceptor thing ;)).

Once the female has her home rebuilt, you'll be good to go. You usually don't have to worry about your male vanishing into her home, 90% of the time he will lead her out into a more open area anyway. You'll get your images then ;)

If you move the enclosure for the breeding, give her an hour on a still surface prior to introducing the male, this will also help to calm her down.

Hope this helps,
Steve