"Chilobrachys huahini " - need help! great species

balintataw

Arachnopeon
anyone knows where to get a care sheet for a "Chilobrachys huahini " - I have 2 of them and they are doing quite fine - I have a terrestial setup and she seems to like it - she is burrowing on a peat moss and potting soil mix substrate - and a coconut shell as a retreat - she filled the coconut shell w/ web inside of it! - I would really appreciate it, if anyone could give me more info about my spidey!

I have tried this website - http://home.freeuk.com/xclent/chilobrachys-huahini-caresheet.htm - but i need a more personal and detailed information from expert owners of this kind of species - all the information would be greatly appreciated!

can you tell me the substrate you're using, and how about the moisture? is it more arboreal than terrestial? how bout feeding, coz mine is always under her retreat by now? and why do they keep on spinning web floors around them?

Thanks A Much!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Look up care for H lividium and it will be the same as yours

ribnum

Arachnopeon
ey balintataw

are you from the philippines?? if you are from the philippines text me at 09184217683 i can give you more details...actually the right term for the huahini is that it is opportunistic...it means if you give them the oppurtunity to burrow then it will..for example you will give them a deep sustrate then it will burrow..but if you will give them enough space and cage height then it will display an arboreal trait..better not to put a deep substrate and not so high cage to avoid climbing...use a simple set up for that..it needs not so high humidity just enough will do and a deep waterdish..for there are times that it will go into the dish to "take a bath".it will submerge for a time but not so deep not to make it drown..do not put a retreat if you want to see it often..instead of the retreat it will make its own home using there silk..dont destroy the silk..they will feel safe with it...you send me a picture of it to know more on the exact care you must give..and worms will do..cricket...hope it helps a lot..a huahini is an old world specie it means it will not flick hairs but instead will bite readily when disturb...email me for the picture and size... email me at ribnum_im@yahoo.com by the way whats the size of that??? it is known as asian fawn tarantulas from china....i am hoping for you e amil and reply here..i advice you all of that because i have a 3 inches huahini right now

balintataw

Arachnopeon
yup! Im from the Philippines - Manila to be exact! yeah! good to know that sum1 here is from our place! not to doubt coz as I knew the Huahini is most commonly sold here in the Philippines, maybe next to Thailand Black, coz they are both native south-eastern spiders! I'll try to send you their pics, and how I have done the setup of the terrariums! one setup is a combination of potting soil and peat mss about 5-6 inches high - w/ a coconut shell retreat - waterdish and a plastic cup dugged in the substrate where I place the mealworms, the other setup consists only of peat moss about 3-4 inches high w/ the same accesories! they are both more than 2 inches now, maybe going to 3! I'll also send you updates on what differences they will do regarding how I have done the setups!

Maraming Salamats!

balintataw

Arachnopeon
picture of my spidey! CH - HUAHINI sp.

managed to upload one pic! I'll try to get some more!

Is she ok! hehehe!

pedipalps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
@balintataw and ribnum - Im from philippines also, nice to see you hear in this forum.