Chilobrachys fimbriatus

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As anybody got any info on this species?
Thanks
Chid

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just have experience with mine. It seems to be a burrowing species like many of the Haplopelma species, they need fairly high humidity and they seem to feed well, mine is a juvenile so I'm not sure the max size. Also, in temperament they also seem in line with the Haplopelma species.

Andy

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is what I have heard as well. They are IMO one of, if not the most beautiful tarantula species their are. However, since they are obligate burrowers, you just won't be able to see it too much if you are housing it properly.

Jon

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As vulpina said, they are quite similar in temperament and care requirements to Haplopelma. As spiderlings they are mostly terrestrial, and some exhibit partial arboreal tendencies, though, as they grow, they require more room to construct a burrow, and as adults are rarely seen out of their underground "houses".
All in all, they are fast growers, and are quite hardy. It goes without saying, but they are absolutely beautiful as well!
Hope this helps. :)

CellebrO

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know thats an ooooold oooold thread but since my questions are about that species,they might as well be in one place with the rest.
Are they burrowers or not? From the pics Ive seen they seem to web a lot,not burrow.Or they only web when they cant burrow?
I can fead a 3sm sling with mealworms right? What kind of container is suitable for that species? What kind of stuff can you put in the enclosure?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are webbing burrowers ;)

Place them in a tall tub with deep/moist peat or that coco coir stuff. They will then make a deep burrow and web it up nicely and will be very difficult to observe. However they are neat species and worthy of any collection :)

CellebrO

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the info :) I do have some ideas about underground observation so well se how that goes.