Chilobrachys electric blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnerd93

Arachnopeon
@tnerd93 all my spiders are from a couple generations, or MORE of CB babies. a decade or so's worth of CB babies through generations trickled down to keepers like me. Mine weren't brought in illegally, and I won't ever purchase an imported animal without knowing about where they come from and how they got in. Educate yourself before you post.

This thread is about to explode.
hahaha

you have absolutely no idea where your animals have come from, just because some breeder says its from breeding x doesnt mean it is. people lie to sell their animals, welcome to the real world.

not to mention people can bring in 30 p.mets and say they were from their adult p.mets, what you going to do dna analysis now? nah didnt think so dude

secondly, my point was that any cb babies being produced somewhere down their bloodline are illegal parents

there are plenty of illegal t's being sent to america each month, some of them will be reading this and sniggering. those ts will produce babies that some of you will buy in 2 years and youll be none the wiser.

tnerd93

Arachnopeon
Names like " electric blue" and "black Satan" are absolutely a marketing plow. That's obvious.

@tnerd93 You are grossly misinformed.

Later, Tom
yes im grossly misinformed that plenty of "illegal" ts are accepted into the us every month for years now, thus producing a lot of the cb babies you buy today, take the blinkers off lol

the t hobby, reptile hobby, amphib hobby, most hobbies has illegal trade in it and often blooms because of it

if it wasnt for illegal trade the t market in north america would be even worse than it is, be thankful for it

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
@tnerd93 can you back up this information? Because you haven't brought up any EVIDENCE. Members like @Exoskeleton Invertebrates have imported specimens before, and you know WHY P. metallica and other desirable "rare" species are desirable and "rare"? Because importation has been closed off, and its incredibly strict. @louise f got her package, and her spiders seized because they weren't checked by a vet, and other spiders can be seized for not having CITES papers. As it turns out, a lot of spiders in the hobby are endangered or critically endangered, so these officials have to check the boxes, especially if the animal in question is a CITES animal.

Don't say anything else about this "all tarantulas in the hobby are from illegal imports" unless you can bring up evidence.
I'm done with talking to you.

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Okay people I started this thread to talk about the relatively new Chilobrachys species not illegal importing. Shoo.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
lol, its so satisfying hearing about the prices in America and then looking them up here, then I look at the state of my country and I get sad haha but I'm trying my best to give information to breeders from your part of the world. if anyone ever needs some info, i'd do my best to fetch it for you ^^

now, on topic - they're kept like all other Chilobrachys - enough damp substrate to burrow, room temps and perhaps branches as anchor points. Tom Patterson has some of these, he could give you great advice on just about any genus out there ^^

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okay people I started this thread to talk about the relatively new Chilobrachys species not illegal importing. Shoo.
Well Kodi,

You now have information on the origin of the "electrics", the care/feeding of them, the housing of them, why they are called or should be called "electric" (different opinions ), why they should be or should not be priced high or low, where to buy them legally , or where to buy them illegally lol....

You should be good to go and if not you could go to the source of who you spoke of having them for sale in the first place through pm and they can probably answer anything else for ya....

Last edited:

Steve123

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Unfortunately, when you talk about the new C. sp. electric blue, you may also be talking about legal/illegal importation. Last year, when I inquired about legal importation from the vendor who “found” electric blue, here is the response I got (the only thing edited is John Doe):

Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 1:11 PM
To: John Doe
Subject: Re: iimport to US

Hello John

Full list of available species are always on www.spidersworld.eu I made few times a full list in one document but it was always not actual after few days. We have more then 100 species available and everything is changing very fast. For example I will add today about 6 species to offer.
About shipping. In Europe we don't have to have any licence to shipping Ts. The best option to send to US is official cargo but it make sense only in very big orders because it cost about 1000$. I have sent some packages to US. I use polish post and send as Global Expres letter. It looks like normal package but I don't need to fill in declaration what is inside package. There is of course a risk that package will be check by customs and I don't know what will happen then if there is no license inside. That is the reason that I send only on buyers risk in international shipping. I can't check law in each country so I left decision to my clients. I will reply for all questions Ir you have any more ;-)

Regards
John Doe

Last edited by a moderator:

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
This thread has become a cesspool of illegal activity. Nice to know that legal importers are paying "about 1000$" to bring spiders legally to the U.S. are getting screwed by the same scumbag dealers and brown boxers who are willing to ship to private collectors illegally, screwing over their larger wholesale legal clients. What a great hobby lol.

Later, Tom

petkokc

Arachnosquire
From what I know/was told, slings from first cocoon in Europe were from already gravid WC female. They were sold for 175€ each, and now apparently Spidershop.pl got first cocoon from captive breeding so I expect the price to go down even more.

Regarding the naming, I prefer to call it Chilobrachys "Khao sok" but I understand why they go for more "intriguing" name, I would probably do the same thing if that was my source of income. Same thing goes for price, It is not a cheap thing to go to Thailand, stay there long enough to find the species and take it back to your country. Of course they want to cover all the expenses and to make money on it. Also, if someone thinks it is too expensive, just don't buy it, no one is forcing anyone to buy new Tarantula as soon as it hits the market. I want it, badly, but cant afford it, so I will just wait (and silently hate on everyone that got it :D )

Just my two cents...

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Actually, they go after the exporter. Such as in Sven Kopplers case, they would've had details on plenty of his customers in the US, and guess what..None have been prosecuted.
You are incorrect. They did use Sven and busted a lot of US citizens. Especially ones that ordered Brachypelma.

The thing is majority of the spiders we have in the hobby were originally illegally collected and brought to Europe. Once those spiders are bred and the CB spiders are LEGALLY imported into the US with permits, paperwork and an inspection, they are legal. Did the polish get collecting permits from Thailand to collect out of a national park? Doubt it. ;)

DO NOT condone or endorse illegal brown boxing on this forum. It is against the rules, against the good of the US hobby and actually very stupid. USFWS does monitor this site. Tread lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.