Chilobrachys Andersoni

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well after having received a new adult female Andersoni only a week ago I am a little annoyed she came to me and refused a roach so I left her like you do. Anyway went to get some dinner when I came back into the T room I took a peek in her enclosure and to my surprise was on her back preparing to molt.

So I get myself all excited as I like to watch this amazing process happening a few twitches one hour then 2 then 6 nothings happening so its getting late and I decide I need to hit the sack. Wake up the next morning same position carapace still had not popped so I leave her all day then another nothing so come to the conclusion she has passed on very sad.

But why??

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I guess its the luck of the draw pal, nothing you've done wrong, these things happen......

Still pap when it happens like....

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tell me about it first one to have ever done this on me it never even started the molt. So I have treated myself today and gone and bought another T to ease the pain a little.

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No I just don't like it when I don't know the reason behind the death, anyway her tank was cleaned out today and made up for the new arrival

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
new arrival is going to be a Grammostola sp "North"

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Thats awsome :) ive never heard of that type of T before then again im seeing a lot of T's ive never seen before.