Chilobrachy sp. "Electric Blue" / ELECTRIC BLUE EARTH TIGER

Aryan Kalia

Arachnopeon
Hi
does anyone have any pictures and or information about the Chilobrachy sp. Electric Blue
like its
Origin
Lifestyle
Temp
Humidity
Leg span
Temperament
and I would like to see some pictures of it
THXXX

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
There's picture (and threads) of that Theraphosidae here, use the search function if you are curious.

What I can tell you is that expect the classical high strung OW's temperament: fast as light, prone to bite (I personally saw a C.fimbriatus I had in the past deliver multiple bites in few seconds), potent venom. The usual stuff :-s

They need inches of moist substrate: they love to burrow, but you can add anchor points as well if you want to try a different 'road'. Ventilation is important just like removing asap prey remains otherwise a nothing and it's an ode to mold.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Don't have any photos of mine, but they're still slings right now anyway so no pretty blue yet.

Keep 'em exactly like any other Chilobrachys spp. Deep, moist sub and plenty of anchor points for webbing. Mine are pretty shy right now, so they tend to stay in their burrows. However, I do catch them out at least a few times a week. Like Chris said, they're no joke in terms of temperament/venom. You need to be confident and experienced to keep these.

Aryan Kalia

Arachnopeon
Don't have any photos of mine, but they're still slings right now anyway so no pretty blue yet.

Keep 'em exactly like any other Chilobrachys spp. Deep, moist sub and plenty of anchor points for webbing. Mine are pretty shy right now, so they tend to stay in their burrows. However, I do catch them out at least a few times a week. Like Chris said, they're no joke in terms of temperament/venom. You need to be confident and experienced to keep these.
My Brachypelma albopilosum Sling does the same

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I recently got one as a freebie and had to do some unexpected research. Everything you asked is easily found on this forum. Take some personal time and spend a half hour or an hour digging around with the search function either via Google (use site:arachnoboards.com to limit searches to this site if you want, other forums have other good info too) or AB's internal search engine. :)

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
To add a little useful info the electric blue is visible with bright light and changes depending on the angle.

And based on your sling feeding question you're definitely not ready for these. Take your time, no rush to jump in the deep end. And these will only come down in price over time :)

Edit: I shouldn't assume you're wanting to get one right now, could just be curious, but I've seen a lot of stuff on these forums since I joined :p

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
I recently got one as a freebie and had to do some unexpected research. Everything you asked is easily found on this forum. Take some personal time and spend a half hour or an hour digging around with the search function either via Google (use site:arachnoboards.com to limit searches to this site if you want, other forums have other good info too) or AB's internal search engine. :)
You got one as a freebie!!!!! Bloody hell. A 1cm sling is £50 here.

I'll also add up until 2 days ago the slings where up at £90 for a 1cm.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Lol, yeah, that person has received in the last three and a half months about $1000 from me over three orders. Geez, I should NOT have typed that where I could read it. Now I sound crazy lol

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Lol, yeah, that person has received in the last three and a half months about $1000 from me over three orders. Geez, I should NOT have typed that where I could read it. Now I sound crazy lol
Gasp. I guess you earned it then! Maybe one day I'll be able to afford that. It that makes you crazy what does it make me bcs I'm jealous of it?

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Lol, I dunno, is crazy contagious?

Part of my key is no kids, no real financial responsibilities beyond my mortgage, student loans, and car note combined with a decent paying job. Some luck, some planning.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
A freebie Chilobrachys sp electric blue? :eek:

Then again, $1000 over the last few months IS quite a bit of dough.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
You got one as a freebie!!!!! Bloody hell. A 1cm sling is £50 here.

I'll also add up until 2 days ago the slings where up at £90 for a 1cm.
Haha, until you buy Tarantulas in the US, I won't take your spider financial complaints seriously. I bet if you spent $1000 across the pond you'd get an Adult Female Chilobrachys sp. "Onlyfromtherightlightingandangle Blue" freebie. ;)