Chilli Rose T

TheSwarm88

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone,

I have fed my new Chilli Rose T for the first time and she has taken 3 out of the 5 medium cricket I put in there but all she seems to do is hold the 3 in her mouth is this normal?

Any help would be awesome Thank you you wonderful people

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
They will hold them in their mouthparts as they use their sucking stomach to digest the prey.

Rose hairs will also fast if overfed. I find a couple of crickets every 2 weeks is more than enough for these species. They do fine when fed much less frequently too.

If any prey is uneaten after 24hrs it should be removed

cold blood

Staff member
Help was overlooked i see...as you you offerred esentially 2 months of food in a single feeding.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Try to use scientific names, or, if that's asking too much, the average worldwide accepted (sadly) common names.

What is a "Chilli Rose" Theraphosidae? Next what, the "Chili Oklahoma VS Texas" pepper competition spider?

cold blood

Staff member
They will hold them in their mouthparts as they use their sucking stomach to digest the prey.

Rose hairs will also fast if overfed. I find a couple of crickets every 2 weeks is more than enough for these species. They do fine when fed much less frequently too.
Agreed. I feed ONE large cricket or med roach about every 2 weeks.

cold blood

Staff member
Try to use scientific names, or, if that's asking too much, the average worldwide accepted (sadly) common names.

What is a "Chilli Rose" Theraphosidae? Next what, the "Chili Oklahoma VS Texas" pepper competition spider?
I assume its the name given to it by the pet store....they seem to have made an alteration of the common name for some reason...probably because they think theyre fooling someone.

The chili cookoff spider, sponsored by: Bobby Flay,
and sold only on the food network....get em while theyre as hot as a chili pepper!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
o_O I thought i already answered this question in your other thread?