chilli rose being.. weird.. maybe.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok does anyones chilli rose stretch out when sitting?
i mean like aboriels, when there resting they have 4 legs at the back of them and 4 in front no on the side, well my chilli is stretched out like this now and very low to the ground... opinions?

do you think chilli roses act weird because in the wild they live in a boring desert and maybe try to amuse themselfs? :p

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok does anyones chilli rose stretch out when sitting?
i mean like aboriels, when there resting they have 4 legs at the back of them and 4 in front no on the side, well my chilli is stretched out like this now and very low to the ground... opinions?

do you think chilli roses act weird because in the wild they live in a boring desert and maybe try to amuse themselfs? :p
Okay, this is just a pet peeve of mine, but... it's 'Chilean' Rose. :wall:

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Okay, this is just a pet peeve of mine, but... it's 'Chilean' Rose. :wall:
If you want to split hairs it's Grammostola rosea, at least it was last time I checked.

Bloodred, don't worry about wierd tarantulas. Weird is normal for them. Who know's what it's doing.

John

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you want to split hairs it's Grammostola rosea, at least it was last time I checked.

Bloodred, don't worry about wierd tarantulas. Weird is normal for them. Who know's what it's doing.

John
Yes, but in terms of common name.... it's 'Chilean'. At least it was last time I checked. :}

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, but in terms of common name.... it's 'Chilean'. At least it was last time I checked. :}
If we are talking pet peeves... Or being right or wrong on common names.. Aint it...Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula?

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Common names are all but worthless. There are few species that are floating around the hobby being sold as Chilean Rose. What you call the common name means absolutly nothing. Why bother about it. Anyways I'm sure the OP loves all the help were giving him.

John

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anyways I'm sure the OP loves all the help were giving him.

John
I think the OP is a her.. What? I couldnt help it! {D

To the OP.. Being stretched out like that is fine.. Nothing to worry about.. :)

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hay its ok, sorry im a really bad speller and i type quick, i use commen names basicaly because i cant spell the latin names, well some i can, if it really annoys everyone ill try use latin names all the time.

but yeah my G. rosea is being weird :p well she was at the start of this thread ;)
and yes im a she but its ok i am a tomboy, not a girly girl.. yuk! :p

madTparty

Arachnopeon
My G. roseas do it all the time, especially after they molt. I've always thought that when they do it, it means that they are comfortable in the homes... But, of course, it could mean any other number of things...:rolleyes:

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
chilli rose being.. wierd.. maybe?

From what I hear, there ain't no maybe to that! :)

edit- and +1 with what Tommy was saying. All my terrestrials do this "pokie stance" at some point in time- usually after a fresh molt.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
If we are talking pet peeves... Or being right or wrong on common names.. Aint it...Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula?
Well, while we're splittin' hairs (badum tss!), according to the American Arachnological Society's Common Names Committee's list of common names, it's just "Chilean rose tarantula".
No hair, though I prefer to call 'em "rose hairs" or "roseas" myself.

To the OP, yup perfectly normal, though I'm sure you've figured that by now!
Here's mine doing it. She still does it from time to time, nearly a year after her molt.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, while we're splittin' hairs (badum tss!), according to the American Arachnological Society's Common Names Committee's list of common names, it's just "Chilean rose tarantula".

Here's mine doing it. She still does it from time to time, nearly a year after her molt.

omg thankyou so much, and mine was doing it after a recent molt, so mystery solved.
now im not worried i think its kinda cute :p

thankyou for picture.

:worship: those rosies

Kamali

Arachnopeon
Im new at this too

Do you know what gender it is? I have a Rose Hair too and im trying to figure out its gender so i can breed it.:?

RayH

Arachnopeon
I came upon my G. Rosea doing the same thing a few months ago, although I haven't seen her do it since.

OnyxRayne

Arachnopeon
No, spiders do not have hair, so that in itself is incorrect... It's Chilean Rose, and if you're being scientific it's Grammostola rosea...

My G. rose just recently molted and I found her doing the same thing yesterday so, no I don't believe it's abnormal.

---------- Post added 05-20-2014 at 09:17 AM ----------

Do you know what gender it is? I have a Rose Hair too and im trying to figure out its gender so i can breed it.:?

You know because if it is male it will have small "balls" on the ends of it's pedipalps if it's female they wont...

Jones0911

Arachnobaron

This is a rose hair? I've never seen one so beautiful especially with red legs what's your exact species in this picture