chilli flame

taya

Arachnopeon
hi i wonder if anyone could help me i recently brought a chilli flame she was eating really well for first few weeks but then stopped for a while she shed about 2 weeks ago and now she has been actin really strange layin in her water for ages till i take her out and has been unsteady on her legs her substrate is around 2inch think she has somewere to hide her temp is 80 i am concerned for her health

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know what a "chili flame" is. Take a picture of the tarantula and the enclosure and post it here. Also leave it alone. If it's in the water dish, it's probably drinking.

taya

Arachnopeon
i was told she is chilli flame but was also told she is a rose the thing is she stays in her water over a half hour untill i get her out then she is so unsteady on her legs

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
RCF Rosea????

If she stays in her water for that long she is SERIOUSLY dehydrated, leave her alone and let her drink.

PIG-

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What substrate are you using? Are you handling her a lot? Has she eaten since she molted? What do you feed her? Describe her walking. What else does she do that seems strange? How big is she?

Then we can help a little more :)

taya

Arachnopeon
hope this pic comes up used fone

Last edited by a moderator:

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's an Euathlus sp. Don't know much about them except that they come from chile so I'll let someone else answer.

taya

Arachnopeon
she is handled daily her walkin seems like she goin to fall over abit like a drunk her substrate is coconut fiber which is what the shop told me to use

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well most people here will say you should never handle a tarantula. Im not one of them however, but with that said, handling daily is probably a bit over the top.
I'd stop handling it so much.

If she only molted 2 weeks ago chances are she isnt in premolt. If you find her in the water dish then shes probably very dehydrated like was said. Your best bet is to make sure her water dish is clean and full, and let her be.
She knows what she is doing.

Let her drink until shes done. A half an hour might seem like a long time to you but tarantulas do everything so much slower than us. Just leave her alone.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
This is not the first time I've heard the G.rosea referred to as "chili flame".It sounds so much more interesting than rose hair.

taya

Arachnopeon
it seems my T is tryin to kill herself she keeps layin in her water upside down :?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it seems my T is tryin to kill herself she keeps layin in her water upside down :?
A Ts lungs are on the underside of it's abdomen. So if it's upside down in the water dish, as long the booklungs aren't in the water, then it's okay. Are you sure it's not molting? I still wouldn't disturb her.

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Flipping on its back in the water dish? ...:?
Never heard of that one before.

How shallow is the water dish?