Chilean Rose Eats Hopper Mouse *PICS*

T

Tarantula

If you look in the first picture you can see a piece of a 2 by 4 in there that I just put in there for her to walk around on. THe mouse dug underneath it and so the spider stood on top of the wood until the mouse came out and snatched it from the hole it was in and drug it kicking and squealing across the tank. It took ten minutes to capture the mouse and 1 minute for the mouse to die.

Justin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
good strategy, i did no know chiliean rose hairs could handle hoppers.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Justin
good strategy, i did no know chiliean rose hairs could handle hoppers.
Most keepers wouldn't try it...

Kudos to this guy for somehow managing to pull this off without his T getting a leg bitten off...

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Thats awsome !! :D:D:D:D:D I thought that tiny lump on the rock was the mouse, but a pinky. Then I looked behind the rock. OOH, its a full grown mouse !! :eek: :cool:

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oh god thats scary...

thats way too big of a prey item for a Tarantula....

i've used fuzzie mouse before for a very hugry 6" H. minax and that scared me. you're very lucky indeed to still have an 8 legged spider.

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
impressive!!
but doubt the T will eat all the mice since her abdoment looks fat enough.

Tell us what happened, please
how much time were she munching it
leftovers?

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
most people already know how I feel so ill keep my coments to my self.But Im glad your t's not dead.

T

Tarantula

PROGRESS REPORT:

All that is left after letting the spider munch on the mouse over night is some guts wrapped tightly in silk and the tail sticking out of it. All that was left when my L parahybana finished hers was the tail.

T

Tarantula

I dont but I assure you the mouse didnt stand a chance. I will take pictures of whatever remains are left over afterwards and my nice fat spider.