Chicken spider real?

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Is there anymore news on the chicken spider? Some rumors it's a pamphobeteus Antinous .

cold blood

Staff member
Chicken spider...just about as stupid as the term birdeater...anyway, its a reference to a Pamph, although I don't recall the one off the top of my head...could be antinous.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Chicken spider...just about as stupid as the term birdeater...anyway, its a reference to a Pamph, although I don't recall the one off the top of my head...could be antinous.
Pamphobeteus sp. "Chicken Spider". Some say it's different from antinous, some say it's the same. They also say that sp. "Chicken Spider" is communal, you can look up tons of info, it's actually quite interesting if it is real. Who knows? Can anyone confirm anything about it?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Pamphobeteus sp. "Chicken Spider". Some say it's different from antinous, some say it's the same. They also say that sp. "Chicken Spider" is communal, you can look up tons of info, it's actually quite interesting if it is real. Who knows? Can anyone confirm anything about it?
Yes, I've seen either seen videos or read reports where adults and juveniles where all living together. Very interesting indeed.

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
These rumors made laps around here about 10 years ago and if memory serves, it was believed at the time to be some sort of South American giant that lived communally and even hunted cooperatively. There was a rumor that someone in the UK had a colony living in an apartment or something like that. I don't remember all the rumors but there were plenty. After a while it kinda died off and I didn't hear anymore about it. I just figured that everyone stopped believing the stories and moved on to the next thing. It sounds like there is new jnformation on them though. I must say I'm glad to find out they are no longer relegated to mythical status. Some of the stories were truly ridiculous.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I'm still searching for info on the Gratuitously Large Fire Breathing Cow Eating spider myself.