Chemist tells me how dangerous T bites can be .

Deb60

Arachnosquire
So I go into my local chemist today to get a dropper and a Oral syringe to use for my Sling which I got on Tuesday as it is only 1cm , first of all she looks at me as if I'm mad , then she goes on about how dangerous spiders can be if they bite you , and had I been bitten ! Next time I'll make sure I pretend I want them for my Grandson or something . Anyone else had an experience like this ?

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
Yup, of course I'm expecting people to be misinformed. So I am prone to yanking people's chains on occasion.

"do you have any more of these? I need them for my tarantulas, they're about this big. Hey, I have pictures...wanna see ?"

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Not yet but I do look forward to the day I give the uninformed a reality check

Jerry

Arachnobaron
I'm not sure that's anything other than basic SOP for girlfriends thou :) and everyone I work with thinks I'm crazy and I think there expecting to see my obituary in the paper due to some horrible spider related mishap

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
In Italy happens the opposite. When I talk to old (this is important, elders Italian chemist/s can into 'wise') about Scolopendridae etc they are interested and fascinated like I'm a sort of douche Piero Angela with his annoying 'Quark' TV programs. Mah :)