Just got a new camera and I wanted a little input on the pics. Thanks

B. smithi

I think she's due for a molt.

I'll add more later.

Last edited:

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They look fantastic, very nice. Im looking into getting a B. smithi next.

Mike

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Since you got a new camera you might try your hand at taking pics of those scorps :D
btw, what did you get?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Since you got a new camera you might try your hand at taking pics of those scorps :D
btw, what did you get?
I'm planning on it. That's a big part of the reason I got it. It's a Nikon Coolpix S3. I can't afford the real good ones but this one does real good job for the price. I'm pleased with it.

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Looks like its taking pretty good pictures to me. I can't wait until my B. smithi gets a little bigger and starts showing colors. It's only about 3/4 to 1" right now.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yay Coolpix! we should have a coolpix appreciation thread :D how did you do the shots if you dont mind my asking.. lighting/camera settings etc.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great pics Jeremy and nice camera pic, I like the Canon A540 as well in terms of a valued camera, you have a nice smithi...where's mine? ;P I can't wait for postmolt pics when the color hits the vivid factor. :D

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yay Coolpix! we should have a coolpix appreciation thread :D how did you do the shots if you dont mind my asking.. lighting/camera settings etc.
I'm using a desk lamp with a fluorescent bulb. The camera had the flash turned off and I took the pics in macro close-up mode at minimum focus distance and a resolution of 1024 x 768. Other than that, it was set to the default setting. I still don't know much about it so I'll have to play with it some more and figure out the best setting. What do you have yours set at?

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have mine set to point and shoot :) I play with the macro and distances but to be honest I havent even looked at the manual yet cause I left it at my moms on christmas morning.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here are a few more. Hope you like them.

A. geniculata sling

P. scrofa sling

More to come in a day or two.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Jeremy, remind me to hate you for the many Ts you have...{D Looks like the new camera is doing a wonderful job showing the beauty of your Ts, i want a closeup of your world famous OBT!:clap: All hail the Orange Baboon Teddybear!:razz:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
wow the pics are great, what kind of camera is being used here? Nice collection.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow the pics are great, what kind of camera is being used here? Nice collection.
Nikon Coolpix S3, the pics must of really got you in a trance Novak! lol he stated that, no harm done of course, just pulling the leg...{D

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks for the compliment. It's a Nikon - Coolpix S3. It was relatively cheap compared to most, good, closeup cameras and being less expensive, this one kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. I don't use the flash though. I use a desk lamp instead.

As from my older pic thread, I'll have lots more to put up.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the compliment. It's a Nikon - Coolpix S3. It was relatively cheap compared to most, good, closeup cameras and being less expensive kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. I don't use the flash though. I use a desk lamp instead.
I beat yah to it! =P mwahhahaha {D

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heres one of my little ones and my favorite girl.

A. hentzi

G. rosea

This is an interesting sequence of her escaping from the little transport container I use to take her upstairs for pics.

Heres where she decides she needs to show off.

Almost out

"Look at me now"

Theres more to come soon enough. ;)