Checking possible eggsac

magicmed

Arachnobaron
About 5 or 6 weeks ago during my bulk purchases I got a possibly gravid N. incei. at the time she was pretty plump, but I did not do the pairing, this particular T quickly webbed up a den out of the half buried cork bark like any N. incei would do, I know this species is shy, but I have not seen the T emerge for food or water since day 1. all my other T's come out and about now and then, but this girl is just holed up. now of course she could be near a molt and acting perfectly normal, but I wanted to see what you guys thought about the possibility of her already laying a sac in there.

Is there's a decent possibility of it, what's the rule on getting that sac out? I know there's a 30ish day waiting period on pulling it, but if she has laid one, I have no idea when it was. and I certainly don't want to go disrupting her den and stressing her out just to look for a sac.

So at this point, would the best thing to be just to let her take care of it the whole time? and when I see little ones running about collect them? I know that's not the best method, but I can't think of a better way to not disturb her or a possible sac.

Any ideas/thoughts?

louise f

Arachnoangel
That sounds nice friend. <3

Well if you are gonna wait 30 days to take the sac, there`s a chance there is no sac to take, but instead little tiny spiders to collect. :)

I recently got an eggsac on my N.incei gold. I took the sac the 2 october that was 10 days after she made it. And it was eggs when i took it.
on the 7th october they were eggs with legs and on the 17 october they were nymps. And they still is.

You can carefully take a look to see if she made a sac. I know i would. Just to be sure if she made one or not. Can you possible see underneath the enclosure if she sits there ? My girl did just that with a very visible sac.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
That sounds nice friend. <3

Well if you are gonna wait 30 days to take the sac, there`s a chance there is no sac to take, but instead little tiny spiders to collect. :)

I recently got an eggsac on my N.incei gold. I took the sac the 2 october that was 10 days after she made it. And it was eggs when i took it.
on the 7th october they were eggs with legs and on the 17 october they were nymps. And they still is.

You can carefully take a look to see if she made a sac. I know i would. Just to be sure if she made one or not. Can you possible see underneath the enclosure if she sits there ? My girl did just that with a very visible sac.
Thank you much :) great info as always :)

Sadly I can't see anything from the bottom, after classes today I may take one of my tiny led lights and see if I can't see past her webbing, try not to disturb her but try to get a peek :)

louise f

Arachnoangel
Thank you much :) great info as always :)

Sadly I can't see anything from the bottom, after classes today I may take one of my tiny led lights and see if I can't see past her webbing, try not to disturb her but try to get a peek :)
You are welcome. I hope you will get to see something. :)

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Yup, incei is very prolific tarantula. Multiple eggsacs per pairing with less than 30 days of incubation time, and on top of that they make their 1st sac as fast as 2 weeks after mating! You can always try to establish communal, it's more fun that way! But be careful not to have too big of air holes, slings are tiny little buggers