Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Chinese Earth Tiger (uneducated guess)

Sincerely,

Brandon

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
H. albostriatum? Although the stripes are a little muted for a zebra. Hmmm... Heck, what is it? :?

Atrax

Last edited:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Definitely have to go with Haplopelma....as to the genus.....schmidti or "aureopilosum" (although it may have been bought as minax).

Scott

hillie16

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A really dirty whiteknee LOL!!:D

Maybe what Atrax said, or an Ephebopus murinus that's got muted stripes???:?

Last edited:

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what is this?

Looks like a haplo. sp. to me. Looks like a line down the tree from a cobalt blue, like they both are closley related more so than the other haplo's and just moved on down the road towards the chinese black earth tiger that nobody knows how to classify yet. Nice pic.:confused:

VI6SIX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
probaly Cyriopagopus paganus from the looks of it although I might be wrong and often am:rolleyes:

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
hehehehe

I have to ruin it Lariz ;P thats one of those damn so called Haplopelma Sp's that they call Laos Tigers bah IM cant remember you having that ( I think you got me) oh well , we will see tomorrow when I see ya

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My brother is right,

This is most likely the Haplopelma sp. (pet-trade, Cyriopagopus paganus). This is a more unusual coloration.
john

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So is Cyriopagopus a valid genus, John? I always wondered what kept them and Hap's in two seperate genuses. Then again I thought the same about Pamphobeteus and Xenesthis, Eupalastrus and Grammostola as well as others. I do know that the above mentioned genuses do have minute anatomical differences that seperate them. Is that the case between Haplopelma and Cyriopagopus as well?

Atrax

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
O.K. John,
Now I am jealous!:D I have one of them but she sure doesn't have the blue effect! That's a nice looking spider and picture!

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm...looks HECK of a lot like my spider...i have another post "is my male Cobalt a Cobalt?", because of this....this dude seriously looks like my spider... Is there ANY way this would be a male H. Lividum ?... I think mine has less prominent ab striped tho, but there are stripes for sure...

:?

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Becky, thanks

Originally posted by petitegreeneyes
O.K. John,
Now I am jealous!:D I have one of them but she sure doesn't have the blue effect! That's a nice looking spider and picture!
Yeah, she does have some bluish highlights, but they're not normally seen, firsthand.

Jobe, not a male H. lividum. This is definitely a female, and is most likely Cyriopagopus paganus.

Atrax, I just PM'd you.

later,
john

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
check this out

check this one ot petitegreeneyes ;P ;P ;) :D =D ;P

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:D :p =D O.K. Jack, that is truely a beauty as well!!! I am assuming that she is also an Asian chevron. I'm going to have to talk to mine and tell her she needs to molt soon so I can see if she will have any blue on her. I know she should be due to molt soon because she hasn't since I got her. BTW, how is your Hap.minax doing? I will have a new one within a couple of months. Really miss that honery thing. I can show you a pretty ornata though!:}

Attachments

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
my captive bred

my H minax is preggo just mated her 3 days ago and it was a success

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh man, I got to get one of them if you sell the babies. I need one since mine died from the larvae. I just love that species.:D

Attachments

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
congrats, put me on the list too, if you plan on selling the slings that is.

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
more mating

just mated my Haplopelma Sp "aureopilosum" female another success