Check out this crazy looking spider!

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
It’s got to be the first time I liked the common name over scientific name.

Ha, pelican spider, I like it. :troll:

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
I don't like the diatribe of legalese that channel is piling into their description. Please go to the source. I think it is BBC Life in the Undergrowth. If it isn't then watch LitU anyway.

jc55

Arachnoknight
I have to say that is the first time i have ever seen anything like that but it is very interesting to say the least.

Scp682

Arachnoknight
Have you seen the crab spider that mimics a Cephalotes sp ant? I went ahead and looked up the name of anyone's curious Aphantochilus rogersi

jc55

Arachnoknight
Have you seen the crab spider that mimics a Cephalotes sp ant? I went ahead and looked up the name of anyone's curious Aphantochilus rogersi
They are interesting as well and another first time seeing one for me.

DreadMan

Arachnosquire
Anybody ever noticed how Xysticus´s movements are almost totally alike to Amblypygi.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Really makes you wonder how and why some animals evolved the way they did.
Looking up at the gigantic anthropoid one Archaeidae remarks to another, "Really makes you wonder how and why some animals evolved the way they did."

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Good video but it irks me a little bit that they refer to spider predation as ”unique.” It’s rare, but not unique. Off the top of my head I can think of mimetidae and I’ll bet there are others.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Good video but it irks me a little bit that they refer to spider predation as ”unique.” It’s rare, but not unique. Off the top of my head I can think of mimetidae and I’ll bet there are others.
I think some salticids do it too.

Edit: yes, Portia. Don't remember the specific name.

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
This thread inspired me to start a drawing of these guys because they are so freaking cool. So a few weeks later... here it is :)
20210507_174030-01.jpeg