Check out that booty ;)

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm guessing she is nearing a molt since she hasnt eaten in about a month. Baby got back though right? Haha

Aphonopelma sp. flagstaff orange

losct2381

Arachnosquire
no no that tarantula looks gravid.when did u get her is she wild caught. or did they try to mate her before u got her and thought it didn't work. because ill tell u she looks like she's gonna drop that sac any day now. u might want to look up robc's youtube post on caring for t's sac to sling.

darkavenger

Arachnopeon
hello:)

from the color of her visible bald patch shes not in premolt from what i can tell from the pics. how long have you had her? and how much are you feeding her haha.

losct2381

Arachnosquire
oh forgot to ask do u have a hide or something she can lay that sac in .if not u should think of getting a real deep hide for her and try to keep her in the dark and no noise or disturbances. she will eat the young. im new to breeding and anything that can go wrong has for me already. i had a rosea eat all her young because my son shined a light inside to see her.do ur homework and watch the youtube post it's helpful

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha I've had her for about 3 months and she has only eaten twice. She simply cannot be Gravid she is only about 2.75 inches. Yes she has a hide though ;)

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Thats a Gatorade lid she is drinking out of for size reference :p

losct2381

Arachnosquire
Oh ok I see I didn't look at the water dish lol it's a bottle cap. My t- blondi sling used to get like that then go into premolt

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Obviously in premoult.
Abdomen is dark 'n flaky.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
no no that tarantula looks gravid.when did u get her is she wild caught. or did they try to mate her before u got her and thought it didn't work. because ill tell u she looks like she's gonna drop that sac any day now. u might want to look up robc's youtube post on caring for t's sac to sling.
lol{D .

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

OMG you gize:?...duz this mean all my little fatties are gunna pop sacs??

hey, losct2381, can u post a link to this "robc" guys vids:???

j/k....lol'ing along wit Falk

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
And why would he wanna look up RobC´s sling care?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
little in the middle but she got much back!

salsalover

Arachnopeon
And why would he wanna look up RobC´s sling care?
because rob is a genius when it comes to tarantulas...i mean come on he's like...steve irwin...only with tarantulas

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
To see Robc's vids go to Youtube and search tarantulaguy1976. Awsome videos. I watch them all the time.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
That is a plump Aphonopelma! LOL She will grow ALOT in one molt with that rear. Do update with photos after she molts! :)