check out my centipede!! an ID would also be nice

gagamboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

those with tentative Id may send me a PM... i have difficulty finding previous threads :? :? :? :? :?

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That thing is a beast! I never seen a centipede like that before! OMG..I'd kill for one :)

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My guess S. cingulata. A mediterranian centipede. Just based in colours, sice and the femoral spines that I think I can see in their terminal legs.
Like this.

But in other part, perfectly can be another sp. of centipede.

Cheers
Carles

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Forguet what I said! How can I tell thet think?:wall:

The terminal legs are too long to be a cingulata. Problably is a subspinipes...or maybe I'm wrong again...:eek:

Cheers
Carles

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
looks like a polymorpha, but that really is a guess at best

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Forguet what I said! How can I tell thet think?:wall:

The terminal legs are too long to be a cingulata. Problably is a subspinipes...or maybe I'm wrong again...:eek:

Cheers
Carles
I'm wrong again...:wall: morsitans... morsitans...:rolleyes:

Cheers
Carles

gagamboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok, let me give a little more info:
it is native to the Philippines in South East Asia so it thrives in a tropical climate
it is about 6inches in length

there aren't much centipede experts here (only a lot of people PRETENDING to be experts ) so i really can't confirm its identity. which is really sad because i intend to start a breeding project soon and i still don't know what to call it. :? :? :? :? :?

thanks a lot for your help guys... i guess i could stick with your tentative ID's of mortisans, subspinipes, and polymorpha :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

subspinipes are pretty abundant in this part of the country... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Steven, what are the clues that made you say morsitans?!?! I want to note it down for my own little ID key document and eventually, once it's a bit more satisfying, share it :)...

phil.

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can I try it, please? :8o

How to say it is not a...

...polymotpha: Because this pede hasn't ring forrow.
...cingulata: this pede have too long terminal legs.

How to say this a morsitans... (of course if you are sure inside of the genus scolopendra)
... position of the spireacles
... number and kind of anthenomeres.
... no ring forrow
...relative long terminal legs. it also have a kind of stripe in the distal part of the terminal prefemur. Number and position of the spines in the terminal legs.
...other anathomical diferences.
...medium size
...distribution.

( simply and easy way, they need better explanations and corrections for sure)

Cheers
Carles

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
awesome

A very beautiful centipede!

Hope you get to ID it successfully.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
those ridges are on the prefemur of the terminal leg are sexually dimorphic. males have much more pronounced ridges on femur and prefemur

reganngo

Arachnopeon
gagamboy can u PM me im a filipino too can we talk in private so we can talk in filipino.. because i have a similar centipede like yours and i also want to id it sucssesfully i bought i last week about 5'' in size..................i want to know its ID so i know what humidity should i give because im keeping it in a 2.5 aquarium, a dry cocopeat as a substrate and a wood bark as a hide and there are no trace of moisture in it only a water dish nad it loves to burrow and oh yeah they said its a polymorpha but this centipede is local in the phillipines and polymorpha is from texas and in the US so its impossible right?
{D

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Mga tol! Kamusta? Saan nyo nabibili yung mga centipedes dyan? Are they wild caught?

thanks,

Fred