check it out Avicularia seladonium

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
arachneman said:
HOLY SHITAKE MUSHROOMS! I didn't know something like that existed! Pocilotheria meta-who? Ok, this one I NEED :drool: :drool:
LMFAO!! See, forgot them alreaady. :D

Smuggling operation? That sounds like an adventure! If I find an egg sac, I could just stick it in my bra. Far as I know, they won't check there unless you have something metal. {D j/k of course.....

or ...am I?

Lucas339

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
heres what you do....take a steel toe boot that is larger than your size shoe. take out the steel and replace with a acrylic container with air holes. catch one for each shoe and bam.....

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sounds like you've done this before. ;)

Rarely do I ever think it would be awesome to have like 12 legs...

heres what you do....take a steel toe boot that is larger than your size shoe. take out the steel and replace with a acrylic container with air holes. catch one for each shoe and bam.....

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Watch, an undercover cop signed up on here sees this and does an investigation of Lucas, arrests him, and we all see him on the News like, "Wow.... he was serious about it.." ;P Just kiddin' Lucas. ;)

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
But your country is not the only one that constantly passes idiotic laws...
Here (Ottawa) it is illegal to walk down Bank Street on a Sunday after 6pm with an ice cream cone.

Is it enforced? Not likely. But still....what happened to make them put that one on the books?

Last edited:

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here (Ottawa) it is illegal to walk down Bank Street on a Sunday after 6pm with an ice cream cone.

Is it enforced? Not likely. But still....what happened to make them put that one on the books?

I'd love to know that, too.

It's illegal to own a pet gerbil or ferret in California. Sooooooo LAME! :mad:
okay, I get gerbils, our environment is perfect for them, but come on - ferrets? 0.o

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Something that's been domesticated as long as if not longer than cats? of course ferrets should be classified wild and made illegal in CA!

there's crazy laws everywhere, especially regarding animals. I forgot where it was, but there was one town that had a law that you could only keep two animals as pets total. That INCLUDED fish.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think somewhere here it's illegal to have your pet alligator tied to a street light, or something of that nature...

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A few years ago, I read in a book about stupid indiana state laws, that:

*Paraphrased from memory

When approaching an oncoming vehicle, you should pull over 2 miles before meeting the vehicle, and light off a firework into the sky, then wait for the car to pass before moving on.

Can you imagine the fireworks display in Indianapolis during rush hour? :)

There are lots of stupid laws and more on the way. They are trying to do something here in austin along the lines of....

If you have a dog over 40lbs, you have to have a six foot fence with warning signs on all sides, with child proof locks. (This includes your golden retriever) On top of this, you would have to have bite insurance, which would triple and special clauses go into effect if one of your Neigbors decides your dog is dangerous, EVEN if it's in YOUR own yard! They also want to make the owner criminally responsible if the 40lbs dog bites a minor, even if he is trespassing on your property to rob you. What?!?!

This is the state where you can shoot someone in the back for being on your neighbors property and not go to jail, but your dog can't bite an intruder?
I believe this law failed, thankfully, but there are stupid ones proposed everyday. We as a nation need to be more aware of what those bozos are doing in washington (or austin). :) ryan

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
interesting

I have been looking for quite some time and have never seen these offered on any list in Europe for sale. I have some friends with some but it will be some time and I expect the price to be pretty high. I also don't agree with the 20 year deal as I know a German that got busted smuggling spiders from Brazil and did less than a year which is still to long for me. regardless smuggling is still happening as it does everywhere in the world when people can make money. Heck just look at Australia has had a shipping embargo since the 70's and they are still plenty of reptiles that have made it out over he years. Sometimes these other countries also are much better than us at getting zoo or research animals that then quickly make it to the hands of private individuals. The one thing with the Germans is they are very good breeders and if you look at Brazilian spiders like A fasciculata will never have to be smuggled again as they breed them so well.
James

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome! Does this mean I could have my waterfall rainforest Avicularium in a 100 gallon tank now? :)
If it is in mm and not inches, than I'd be worried about that spider even being in with a waterdish much less a waterfall! However, I believe you'd be able to have a big colony in a 100 gal tank. :razz:

IrishPolishman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've had to do countless research investigations for class on topics like this. I guarantee everyone that there are some in the United States and people are attempting to breed them. It's insane how many different animals 1 person can smuggle on their body into the states. If there's any type of want or need for these guys, they're already here and just waiting for the right time to surface.

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've had to do countless research investigations for class on topics like this. I guarantee everyone that there are some in the United States and people are attempting to breed them. It's insane how many different animals 1 person can smuggle on their body into the states. If there's any type of want or need for these guys, they're already here and just waiting for the right time to surface.
who knows, maybe......

Lucas339

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Watch, an undercover cop signed up on here sees this and does an investigation of Lucas, arrests him, and we all see him on the News like, "Wow.... he was serious about it.." ;P Just kiddin' Lucas. ;)
never really thought about that!! good thing im not T sumggler!