Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! :drool:

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Iridopelma?

Hey, I just started looking around for that on line and found this. It calls it Iridopelma seladonium. I don't know if this paper is correct, or you are, but I thought I would put it up cause it's got lots of cool info. Peace, ryan

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Those are some nice looking T's. Females seem to be more colorful too thats a double bonus.

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Anyone have 'spider safe' pockets?
That's the only way you'll get them out of Brazil. :(

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey, I just started looking around for that on line and found this. It calls it Iridopelma seladonium. I don't know if this paper is correct, or you are, but I thought I would put it up cause it's got lots of cool info. Peace, ryan
Seems like your right. This link is a big pdf but has those exact same pictures posted by the OP.

http://www.scielo.br/pdf/rbzool/v25n4/19.pdf

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like candy... I want to eat one!

But seriously, the abdomen looks amazing.

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
It's Iridopelma seladonium.

Cityzooguy, where did you get the name Avicularia seladonium from? As the article linked is a redescription of Iridopelma seladonium. The species was transferred from Avicularia to Iridopelma by Smith in 1993.

cityzooguy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sry

my mistake, guess I was confused by the title of the article:eek:

changed the title

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great.. another one to write up onto 'me want' list...

Bet if it even makes it into the hobby anytime soon, it will be an outrageous price. Like $900 bucks a sling. Then people will find out they're impossible to breed in captivity. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Trav

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great.. another one to write up onto 'me want' list...

Bet if it even makes it into the hobby anytime soon, it will be an outrageous price. Like $900 bucks a sling. Then people will find out they're impossible to breed in captivity. :wall: :wall: :wall:
I believe these are already in the hobby.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am a huge idropelma fan and will go to great lenghts to collect as many sp. as possible. I would give up my P metallicas to get my hands on several of those impossible to obtain babes.

PIG-

cityzooguy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
does anyone know what you have to do to be able to ship t's from a diff. country?

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
From Brazil? Put it in your pocket and walk through customs without getting caught. ;)

From what I've heard, the Brazilian government does not allow the export of their native Ts.

I want one, or ten, of these so bad.

does anyone know what you have to do to be able to ship t's from a diff. country?

Last edited: