Check it out!! 81!!

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I pulled the first sac today and found 81 healthy A. avicularia slings! I'm not sure whether these are enormous eggs w/legs, or 1st instar, but I'll know when they molt next. Hooray!! Not a single bad egg or dead spider!! Check out my breeding report when you get the chance.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congratulations Josh!!!!!!!! I'm jealous! :drool: I want a sack of my own so bad!!!!!! They are beautiful!!!!

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks, guys!

@Mina - I ended up betraying my spider brethren at the show by actually NOT buying any T's, but a male crested and a male veiled chameleon instead:eek:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Your eggs with legs are awesome man!!! Congrats :clap: :clap: :clap:
Here's to hoping that second sac goes just as well!

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's freaking awesome!!! You have got to post pics with each group molt!!! I love the pics of a ton of slings all in one container... they just look so cool!!!

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"eggs with legs" are usually nothing more than a yellow round ball with tiny limbs sticking out like an afterthought. those look like first instar to me.

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jeez Ryan, if anyone knows eggs with legs I thought it would be you...
;P

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Jeez Ryan, if anyone knows eggs with legs I thought it would be you...
;P
Well considering he opened the sac less then two weeks ago and they were eggs, and then he sewed it back up till today when he took it again and found those, it's only logical to think they are eggs with legs. So I guess the timeline is off somewhere.........But yes they do look like 1st instars now that I look at them again.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah !!!!!

Congratulations on your successful egg sac. :clap:

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks, everyone! I am excited to watch them develop. Hopefully, the hardest parts are over.

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Whenever they molt next, I guess. I'm guessing anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks, but I could be way off because I don't know exactly when they molted into 1st instars.

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great job man!!!:clap:

They really look great.....Give yourself a pat on the back!:worship:

Tim

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Down to 77, somebody got hungry...

Here are the latest pics. You can see that they have darkened up a bit, and some have the beginnings of black socks. I'm guessing another week or two?

Check out the fat one in the middle - you KNOW he ate someone!!

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks! I did have a couple that didn't quite make it out of their molts and had bits of exuvium keeping their legs stuck together, but I went in and brushed them with a wet q-tip and gently pulled the exuvium from them. We'll see if they make the next molt or not.