Cheapest Tanks where to find?

Stanky

Arachnopeon
Where is a place to buy just the tank and its considered a good deal but wallet friendly. I been trying to find 5-15gal tanks. Glass, Plastic, and Acrylic. I ran across something awhile back 75cents a gal and cant find the site anymore. shouldah book marked it...

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
Glasscages.com haven't checked prices in awhile but that was the cheapest place when I bought my 180g

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I have found a number at the local Goodwill, thrift stores, CCA (like Salvation Army) stores. Clean and unbroken, for $4-5 each for 10 gallon ones. Add a lid, and they are cheaper than in the stores.

I also lucked out on Kritter Keepers when the local Petsmart was moving locations. Instead of moving all the stock, they put it on clearance, and Reptile stuff was 70% off. I bought out every unbroken KK!!!

Marga

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Two words: Yard Sales. My mom got a 2.5g with a custom-made background for $3. I come across 10g all the time for around $6.

I also got a free 20g because someone left it at the dumpsters at my girlfriends place lol.

Like stated above, goodwill and other thrift stores are good also.

ballpythonteen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Trash no joke i got a 10, 5.5 and a idk what it is a custom aquarium today on my way home from work small crack in the costom one but yeah

Wink

Arachnopeon
walmart.com sells 10 gallons for 12 bucks, and petco also sells them for 12. with petco, you can only find them in the store for that price though.

EDIT: forgot to mention that occasionally petco will have a sale on tanks, where they are $1 per gallon :)

Wink

Arachnopeon
I wish that applied to 2.5 and 5g.
i agree man, that would be nice. i'm not sure if it applies to those or not. the last time they had the sale going, they didnt have any 2.5 or 5 gal so they either sold quickly or they were conveniently "out of stock" for that sale ;)

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I remember Jon3800 mentioning that 10gal glass tanks can run as high as $70 or so in Canada. That would suck.

Imbrium

Arachnopeon
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-5.5-Quart-Modular-Latch-Box-Set-of-6/11014788
$22 for a set of six online, 5.5qt. They come in all different sizes, the small ones are only $1 a piece in store. They're not as clear as glass, but they're pretty good, maybe not for a final display tank, but awesome for when they're still growing. I think they're better for terrestrial/burrower than arboreal though. The handles snap the lids on so they're really secure. I melt holes in mine with a small soldering gun.

Also keep an eye out in the clearance sections. I found some clear plastic sun tea pitchers at Walmart for $1 a piece. My versi loves it! And the lid has a latch that opens to just a small hole that's perfect for dropping in crickets without having to open the whole lid and mess up her web.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-5.5-Quart-Modular-Latch-Box-Set-of-6/11014788
$22 for a set of six online, 5.5qt. They come in all different sizes, the small ones are only $1 a piece in store. They're not as clear as glass, but they're pretty good, maybe not for a final display tank, but awesome for when they're still growing. I think they're better for terrestrial/burrower than arboreal though. The handles snap the lids on so they're really secure. I melt holes in mine with a small soldering gun.

Also keep an eye out in the clearance sections. I found some clear plastic sun tea pitchers at Walmart for $1 a piece. My versi loves it! And the lid has a latch that opens to just a small hole that's perfect for dropping in crickets without having to open the whole lid and mess up her web.
I used to look for those all the time but they were never clear enough for my liking. You found some that were clear as acrylic?

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
I remember Jon3800 mentioning that 10gal glass tanks can run as high as $70 or so in Canada. That would suck.
It can cost that for a "kit" so that would include sub and some kind of heat source or an aquarium setup. To buy one at a chain pet store it is 35-45$ including lid.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have never seen a plain 10 gallon tank that high anywhere in Canada but who knows. I have found that if you want to really find good prices on 10 gallon and smaller tanks there are two places you need to check out. Number one if your city or area has an aquarium club or society check there first. Someone is usually selling some tanks. I have also found plenty of small tanks for a great price on local used classified websites such as craigslist, kijiji and similar.

Imbrium

Arachnopeon
I used to look for those all the time but they were never clear enough for my liking. You found some that were clear as acrylic?
No, not for that price. I like them for temp enclosures as they're growing up, not so much for a final display enclosure. These are clearer than most though.

I tried to take some pictures, but the flash kept making them look foggier.

Kinda dark with no flash, but I think this one shows best how clear they are.

Not as clear as acrylic, but a lot cheaper.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I like those enclosures, they are clear enough to see your specimen but also they give a bit of privacy when walking by and moving around the enclosure, they are easily modified for your humidity requirements and hold the heat in quite well. Not too mention very secure and stackable.

jeryst

Arachnopeon
Around here Walmart sells a 10 gal for $10, and super nice ventilated locking lids for $8.