Cheapest and most expensive Tarantula in your country?

Cemykay

Arachnosquire
I would like to know which T species in your country/state is the most bang for the buck and the most sought after.

Here in germany I would say one of the cheapest is the Lasiodora parahybana. You can get slings for 2-3€. The most expensive T here is afaik the Pamphobeteus Solaris. I heard of prices between 400-500€ for small slings :wideyed:.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Cheapest - Lasiodora parahybana/Psalmopoeus cambridgei - I regularly see slings of both being offered for as little as £1 each.
Most expensive - Aphonopelma mooreae - £190 for a sling, I think Pamphobeteus sp. "Solaris" were like £200-250 each the last time I saw them for sale but that was ages ago.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Just from what I've seen the cheapest here (central US) would be Aphonopelma chalcodes or hentzi. I've seen hentzi slings for $10. Most expensive could be many things. Aphonopelma mooreae, bicoloratum, T. seladonia (when you can get your hands on one)

Cemykay

Arachnosquire
Just from what I've seen the cheapest here (central US) would be Aphonopelma chalcodes or hentzi. I've seen hentzi slings for $10. Most expensive could be many things. Aphonopelma mooreae, bicoloratum, T. seladonia (when you can get your hands on one)
That´s interesting, because Aphonopelma species, especially adult ones are quite expensive in germany. I haven´t seen or heard anything of the aphonopelma moorae but she looks awesome

Swagg

Arachnoknight
In Florida you can get Aphonopelma chalcodes for around $20 and A. avicularia for between $10 - $20 depending on the size.

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
Aphonopelma chalcodes 20-30$
Poecilotheria Metallica female 400-500$
Also the Theraphosa Apophysis is around 375$ for some slings and juvies. That's what I have seen around these parts. :D

Last edited:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
What's cheap in my area of the US
A. chalcodes slings - $5-$10
L. parahybana slings - $3-10

What's expensive in my area of the US
X. sp. blue slings - $120-$150

People outside of North America got it much cheaper than we do... :rolleyes:

Poecilotheria Metallica 400-500$
Is that price for a sling, juvie, or adult specimen?

Also the Theraphosa Apophysis is around 375$ for some slings and juvies. That's what I have seen around these parts. :D
That's expensive for some slings. I got my T. apophysis sling for $100 and same price for my T. blondi sling. I have yet to see a sling in my area to pass the $150 mark in my area.

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
What's cheap in my area of the US
A. chalcodes slings - $5-$10
L. parahybana slings - $3-10

What's expensive in my area of the US
X. sp. blue slings - $120-$150

People outside of North America got it much cheaper than we do... :rolleyes:

Is that price for a sling, juvie, or adult specimen?

That's expensive for some slings. I got my T. apophysis sling for $100 and same price for my T. blondi sling. I have yet to see a sling in my area to pass the $150 mark in my area.
P. Metallica is for a female. My bad. And yeah the T Apophysis is almost non existing on the few tarantula sites to buy from. And as far as shops you just see a T. Stirmi labled as a T. Blondi unsexed for 175$

I always hear people talk about cheap tarantulas, I have yet to find any :bag:

An adult female P Metallica. I get side tracked.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Aphonopelma chalcodes 20-30$
Poecilotheria Metallica female 400-500$
:eek:

Wow. Is that prices at a pet store or something? the P. metalica and T. apophysis is like douplw what i usually see them for, but i generally look at online prices, because thwre is jot much local to my side of the state. (West side has all the deals... :shifty:)

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
There's no much locally for me either. It's mainly online. I can find a 20$ A chalcodes, but your paying for shipping so it's about 65$ in all. Expo deals aren't too bad, but they don't happen too often here.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
West side as in west coast of the US??
West side of WA state. There are some good breeders over there that practically give things away sometimes, but not all of them want to ship and it is a 6 hour drive each way to get there, so i am close enough to find the deals, but too far away to get most of them... :meh:

There's no much locally for me either. It's mainly online. I can find a 20$ A chalcodes, but your paying for shipping so it's about 65$ in all. Expo deals aren't too bad, but they don't happen too often here.
Yeah. Thats why i just order a bunch of stuff on every order... :angelic:

If you can find other local hobbiests, you can try to arrange group orders. I have done that a few times in the past and it can cut down shipping pretty quick to get 1-3 more people pitching in.

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That´s interesting, because Aphonopelma species, especially adult ones are quite expensive in germany. I haven´t seen or heard anything of the aphonopelma moorae but she looks awesome
A. moorae are 195$ in the USA. They are so expensive because only 1 person in Mexico is legally breeding them, and he charges a lot of money for them.

obie

Arachnosquire
Lasiodora parahybana 2bucks from me for 2nd instar slings. I think the T seldonia is probably the highest right now. But the Phormingochilus sp Sabah blue are probably 2nd to that.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Selenotypus Wallace here go fairly cheap at around $120 but sometimes you see someone who has somehow managed to get hold of the fabled "Rattlesnake tarantula" and they try sell it for $800. Not really worth valuing a T that much based on a sound it makes when you anger and provoke it IMO

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Selenotypus Wallace here go fairly cheap at around $120 but sometimes you see someone who has somehow managed to get hold of the fabled "Rattlesnake tarantula" and they try sell it for $800. Not really worth valuing a T that much based on a sound it makes when you anger and provoke it IMO
The rattlesnake tarantula is even famous here in the states. I agree thats not a great thing to value a tarantula on but boy do people want it.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
The rattlesnake tarantula is even famous here in the states. I agree thats not a great thing to value a tarantula on but boy do people want it.
Theres a bloke with a really poorly done website who has juvies for $500 and adults $800. Thats roughly equal in AUD to how much Seladonia was in the states when first released, and its literally just a small brown T with thick legs that screams

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
How much are birupes simoroxigorum selling for? I imagine pretty high.

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
T albopilosum sling hobby free to $10
T seladonia slings (1/4") $300

Last edited: