Cheap macro photography

husoldire

Arachnopeon
Hey guys I have been wanting to photograph jumping spiders and other spiders for about 2 years now. Does anyone have any suggestions on cheap cameras/macro lenses that i could get without spending a ton of money? All help is appreciated :)

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
I use exactly that lens zonbonzovi posted a link to. I also bought a ring adaptor for it, and it works well on my Nikkon CoolPix L110.

Harlequin

Arachnosquire
I realize this thread is a few weeks old, but a *very* handy macro setup I carry is an Olloclip 3-in-1 macro attachment for my iPhone (7X, 14X, and 21X). It may not be as dignified as a DSLR setup, but it's a fraction of the cost, and it works great when I don't have or don't want to carry my SLR equipment. Amazon sells them for $50-$75, depending upon the phone model, and the lens comes in a tiny drawstring bag that will easily fit in a shirt pocket. The 21X is tricky to focus and has a bit of peripheral distortion, but I use the 7X extensively. Here's a 7X shot of a Brachycybe lecontii I took with mine over the weekend:

IMG_3327.JPG