Cheap enclosures everyone!!!

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I was originally going to buy a used Exo-Terra off of craigslist today and went to go and take a look at it. To my suprise, I didn't like it as much as the Zoomed enclosures I have already purchased. At least they didn't seem to worth spending twice as much on them just because they have two front doors. So I made the decision to go and buy a new Zoomed from the local Petsmart. When I arrived to go and grab it off the shelf, I realized that it was only $44 and is on sale until the 27th of this month. So I bought them out (again :D).

Just thought I'd let everyone know. It's only $15 cheaper than original price, but I know there just has to be someone out there like me that needs well... A wall full of them! And when you buy lots of them $15 a piece can REALLY add up!

The only thing that sucks is the only size on sale is the 12x12x18, but that is more than enough for pretty much all arboreal T's (IMO)

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Interested. can you put a picture of one of the cages up so i can see what they look like?

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I don't have a camera at the moment, but just google it. They are very nice enclosures and don't cost an arm and a leg. And while the acrylic enclosures at tarantulahomes and tarantulacages may be nice, they are still overpriced for what you get...

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I don't have a camera at the moment, but just google it. They are very nice enclosures and don't cost an arm and a leg. And while the acrylic enclosures at tarantulahomes and tarantulacages may be nice, they are still overpriced for what you get...
I beg to differ, but hey I like acrylic enclosures and willing to pay the money for a quality product.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Or you can buy rubbermaid containers from Wal-Mart for ~$3 each.

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Nice find, I literally drove to my local petsmart after work but they were totally oblivious of this deal?...

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I usually do that, but there are few that you want to hold in high regard, mostly b/c they're worth a lot and prized. ;)

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Nice find, I literally drove to my local petsmart after work but they were totally oblivious of this deal?...
Really? Hmmm, well if you go to there website they have it marked on sale... Did you go to Petco by accident? I know I tend to get them mixed up quite a bit.

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Or you can buy better quality enclosures for $44... To each his own :D

Rob1985

This user has no status.
The spider definitely has no clue, but I like one or two for my personal viewing. As well as helping out a fellow T owner. ;)

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I'm not sending this thread out to people like you xhexdx... This is for people like me :D

Just letting everyone know about a great deal.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
i wish i wasn't broke i'd buy a couple for my tokay geckos plus i plan on buying crested geckos in the near future so that would've been a plus i don't have arboreal T's though so it's really no matter on the height for my most of my adults are kept in large critter keepers, 5 gallon tanks, tupperware or in the case of my really big rosie a ten gallon tank with all sorts of nifty hides and stuff

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have both the enclosure from Petsmart and the one from tarantulacages.com and I think they are both really nice. I have all my tarantulas in nice enclosures vs. putting them in a Walmart plastic tub container. Yes, the tarantula doesn't know the difference, but I do - and I like to be able to clearly view my tarantulas because I enjoy watching them. I also like to have a display I can be proud of for others to see and since they are in my living room, I want it to look nice. I highly recommend both the Petsmart enclosure and the tarantulacages.com ones.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rue

Arachnoknight
I also want my 'pets' in reasonably nice enclosures...vs. being warehoused in something less appealing. It's not a matter of the quality of the actual environment for the animal...the spider certainly doesn't care...

Rearing hundreds of babies...well, I'd go with whatever is cheapest and what works well to keep sanitary...baby food jars? No problem...

But if I have 1,2 or 3 'pets', then a nice (doesn't have to be the nicest or even expensive, just reasonably attractive) enclosure is more appealing to me.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
There are people who like quality and take pride in what they have, and then there are people who like junk, that's really the bottom line.
I find that highly offensive, if i kept each of my currently 22 tarantulas in something fancy I'd have no room to keep them all not all of us keep our tarantulas in the living room all of mine are kept in my bedroom and granted most of my adults are kept in critter keepers and glass aquariums a couple of them are kept in clear plastic Tupperware that is just as see through as a critter keeper that doesn't make anything i own junk just because i don't have my tarantulas in expensive cages doesn't mean their lower quality. I mean my tarantulas are in clear containers i can see any of them from across the room labeling something junk just because it was a cheaper way to get a nice enclosure doesn't automatically make it junk that's your opinion not the bottom line, the bottom line is everyone has their preferences for their enclosures.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I find that highly offensive, if i kept each of my currently 22 tarantulas in something fancy I'd have no room to keep them all not all of us keep our tarantulas in the living room all of mine are kept in my bedroom and granted most of my adults are kept in critter keepers and glass aquariums a couple of them are kept in clear plastic Tupperware that is just as see through as a critter keeper that doesn't make anything i own junk just because i don't have my tarantulas in expensive cages doesn't mean their lower quality. I mean my tarantulas are in clear containers i can see any of them from across the room labeling something junk just because it was a cheaper way to get a nice enclosure doesn't automatically make it junk that's your opinion not the bottom line, the bottom line is everyone has their preferences for their enclosures.
Sorry Lolita, yes that came out wrong. Good point, if I had 22 enclosures it would take up half my living room!