Changing a setup..

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the cage stays dry, I'm not going to mist anymore to see if that does anything

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I dont see the why you would want snails in there. Just not my cup of T. If you want to put a plant in the enclosure it is fairly simple. Use 3-4" of substrate. Plant the potho with the roots all the way at the bottom. Get a large syrynge and inject it into the soil. Your G. rosea will never know the difference. My G. rosea has pothos and dry sub. :D

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I'm gonna throw myself into it here, so not to clutter up with more related threads;

Where do you pick up your live plants for your T's? I am superparanoid about pesticides, and would imagine them to be plentifull in the places I can get the "right" plants..

I am also looking to decorate some dessert enclosures, for my rosea and my GBB, and I was thinking a cactus or two would be neat, (not one of the superprickly ones, as again, I'm paranoid about my furries), is there any of them that are directly toxic to the T's?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Well, I'm gonna throw myself into it here, so not to clutter up with more related threads;

Where do you pick up your live plants for your T's? I am superparanoid about pesticides, and would imagine them to be plentifull in the places I can get the "right" plants..

I am also looking to decorate some dessert enclosures, for my rosea and my GBB, and I was thinking a cactus or two would be neat, (not one of the superprickly ones, as again, I'm paranoid about my furries), is there any of them that are directly toxic to the T's?
Dont put any payote in there Fam.. o_O

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's cannabis =p And yes, that is the proper spelling =p

But stop avoiding my question! Either answer, or get out =p luv ya =*

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that'd be kinda funny to grow marijuana in a T enclosure.. crickets/roaches would eat the buds, get high leading to one super baked tarantula. lol

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

We have gotten most of ours at Walmart.(on clearance;) ) Some have been houseplants for awhile before they are planted in an enclosure, and some we saw and just had to have for an enclosure. We rinse off the plant before putting it in, but honestly nothing besides that. We tried a jungle cactus that didn't have spikes(this is a plant common name and I have no idea on the scientific one), but we were unable to get it enough light without flooding the whole enclosure with it. We have a compact flourescent on those succulents up there, but just one in a spotlight bendable lamp.

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We have gotten most of ours at Walmart.(on clearance;) ) Some have been houseplants for awhile before they are planted in an enclosure, and some we saw and just had to have for an enclosure. We rinse off the plant before putting it in, but honestly nothing besides that. We tried a jungle cactus that didn't have spikes(this is a plant common name and I have no idea on the scientific one), but we were unable to get it enough light without flooding the whole enclosure with it. We have a compact flourescent on those succulents up there, but just one in a spotlight bendable lamp.
Does the spot light affect the T in any way? I've been thinking of going the succulent route

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does the spot light affect the T in any way? I've been thinking of going the succulent route
Not in a negative way. :) Not only does she have a hide, but she has an extensive tunnel system that she is always adding to as well. So, she has plenty of places to be away from the light if she wants to.

She will however, come out directly under the light, perch on the plant and bask in the light. Which is uber cool to see, so I definitely think it has a positive effect. ;)

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
for sure.. I'll be sure to look into succulents next time i change out the bedding

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I got my paws on some small plants today that I planted in with my GBB and my G.rosea.. I love the look of them, and the rosea seems very curious about it.. I only had some dry substrate left, and I decided to put it with the rosie, as the GBB usually sits on top of her rock anyways... I had my rosea in a bigger tank, and she seemed very jumpy and unsure in the big enclosure.. Moved her to a smaller one, and she instantly seemed alot more.. Well, confident is a rubbish word, but the only thing I can think of at the moment.. She's strolling around, exploring.. In her previous enclosure she sulked in her hide all the time, flicking hairs at anything. So I'm thinking she's more comfortable in a smaller enclosure.. I built a hide thing with substrate and some sticks.. Looks really neat, I'm proud of meself today!:D

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Well, I got my paws on some small plants today that I planted in with my GBB and my G.rosea..
I dont see any pictures Fam.. ;P And my imagination is lacking because im holding my eyes open with tooth picks.. :razz: Was a long night playing "tarantula".. :p

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I swear, if I could punch you, I would Doug! =p Then I would run and hide..

Anyways, I will get some pictures, but I am knackered right now..

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just hate being strapped for cash.. I feel I'm not providing all what my T's deserve with the phenomenal cage setups and stuff.. I did what i could and they're sufficient enough but I feel they could be alot better.