Chaetopelma Olivaceum?

Reptiliatus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dear friends,

Are C. Olivaceum the most commonly found T in Israel? I am volunteering in Haifa for a year and would love to get my hands on these guys! Anyways yesterday I was on Mount. Carmel and I found a T sling under a stone. It was about 1/2 inch and a brownish colour... Any ideas? Am I in luck? C. Olivaceum? Are there any other Chaetopelma sp.'s here? I'll try to put up some pics soon .

Dayyan

Ingar

Arachnopeon
Dear friends,

Are C. Olivaceum the most commonly found T in Israel? I am volunteering in Haifa for a year and would love to get my hands on these guys! Anyways yesterday I was on Mount. Carmel and I found a T sling under a stone. It was about 1/2 inch and a brownish colour... Any ideas? Am I in luck? C. Olivaceum? Are there any other Chaetopelma sp.'s here? I'll try to put up some pics soon .

Dayyan
It possibly can be C. gracillis aswell. I dont know how much in Israel ts are, but probably only a few species..
You should post a picture of that sling.
PS: If you want to find some T in there, you schould take a night excursion by flashlight - then that fellows comes out.

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
last I heard Chaetopelma gracile and olivaceum are the same sp...I have about 6 1" juvies and an adult female and another friend here has some also...very mean and aggressive even as babies they rear up...these are desert and not the montain sp...heh

Ingar

Arachnopeon
last I heard Chaetopelma gracile and olivaceum are the same sp...I have about 6 1" juvies and an adult female and another friend here has some also...very mean and aggressive even as babies they rear up...these are desert and not the montain sp...heh

Wow same sp.! I even didn't know..:eek:

Reptiliatus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'll get pictures up asap but the specimen is only 1/2 inch in size, thus not to easy to compare... I have to say though the physical structure is nearly the same and the abdomen is the same color. It would still be too small to be showing any of the black coloration. Thank you all for your help :).

Reptiliatus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It possibly can be C. gracillis aswell. I dont know how much in Israel ts are, but probably only a few species..
You should post a picture of that sling.
PS: If you want to find some T in there, you schould take a night excursion by flashlight - then that fellows comes out.
I like the sound of that! Only thing is I wouldn't really know the best place to search. I'm hoping to head out to Jerusalem sometime soon because I hear there are many there. :)

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
Yup they do Andy and when we next meet up I WILL get the rest from you lol...oddly enough I have a couple that are black as all heck