Chaetopelma gracile

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anyone ever had one of these ? They look so pretty judging from the photos I've seen..and it's from Europe !

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What part of Europe? I've heard that there are T's in southern Spain, but I've not heard much about them.

Wade

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From what I've found it's from the mediterranean area, egypt and cyprus (google search)
Beautiful indeed! Now I don't feel so bad about being from Europe...:)
greetz,
Joost

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hehe yeah.. :)

Rick West has a quite beautiful picture of it at birdspiders.com, and there's a caresheet for it at hem.spray.se/minax

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I take it these pretty things aren't on the yankee market? :p

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Egypt Cyprus Turkey, it's in the thread

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Fav from Europe

I like Macrothele calpeiana from Spain, Its just an all round cool and nasty looking spider, to bad its the only spider in Europe protected under the Bern Treaty where export is not allowed :(

RegalReptiles

Arachnopeon
We have em

Hi There,

We brought in a small shipment of 36 of these guys from Europe a couple of weeks ago, yesterday I recieved a new species of adult Chaetopelma in from S.E. Turkey. The Chaetopelma gracilis (gracile) is a really nice species.

Unfortnatly we are a wholesale only company and will not sell to retail clientel but we supply over a 250 vendors around the country with their spiders.

A big internet dealer you might want to try that I know I sold some to is Art Cerda from Midwest Exotic Pets.

His contact info is:

Midwest Exotic Pets
Art Cerda
312/951 6253
Artcerda@cs.com

If you are looking for a good spider vendor in your area, drop me an e-mail at Pat@regalreptiles.com , with your location, and I will get back to you with the dealer we supply closest to you.

Thank-You,

Regal Reptiles
Patrick Kane / Invertebrate Department
Ph: 401 277 9000 Fax: 401 351 0235
www.RegalReptiles.com / Pat@RegalReptiles.com
"Americas #1 Source for Invertebrates!"

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I dont like colorful T's too much.But that ones a good honest T.

T-Harry

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a female C. gracile that I raised from a sling.
It's indeed a great looking T but the downside is that you don't have many chances to see it. Most times she's inside her hide, even during night. Only when she hunts you might get a glimpse of her.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just and FYI, Chaetopelma gracile was synonymized with Chaetopelma olivaceum last year.

Here's a C. olivaceum I have from Egypt.

Eric

stefanis

Arachnopeon
Is this a specimen of Chaetopelma gracile?

One morning during a holiday in Cyprus 2003 we discovered this spider in our hotelroom. I am a novis of spiders but a friend of mine told me that it probably was a specimen of Tarantula. After visiting this forum and this thread I found out that there are two types of Tarantulas in Cyprus - Chaetopelma karlamani and Chaetopelma gracile. Is this spider we spent the night with a specimen of Chaetopelma gracile?

Attachments

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yup thats a C. olivaceum(gracile) i currently have 1 mm 1 female (should be mature but wont mate:/) and one unsexed but i got a feeling its male.
I find them preety active during night but if u so much as lift the lid of the tank they'll b gone in a split second. Havent seen a single threat posture from the 3 i have but i have seen it before in other speciment i have come across in the wild and i cant tell you its scary:p
As far as their venom goes, i only know 1 person who got bit and he spent 8 days in the hospital, dont know if it was allergic reaction or anything like that.