Chaerilus celebes

Preach

Arachnopeon
hi! I recently bought a couple of chaerilus sp celebes... I just wonder -are they the same as c.celebensis..? Mine look all black, but of course since they are so tiny I might not see the spots properly...
Regards Gio

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What that means is that the species is uncertain. You see it a lot with new species that hasn't been identified and all we have is location information. It could also be that when the scorpions were imported no one definitively identified them, so the dealer is giving you the best bet they can.

Preach

Arachnopeon
What that means is that the species is uncertain. You see it a lot with new species that hasn't been identified and all we have is location information. It could also be that when the scorpions were imported no one definitively identified them, so the dealer is giving you the best bet they can.
Thing is -according to stockmann c.variegatus is the only all black chaerilus, and I think mine looks more similar to them. But... ”celebes” would suggest they originate from Sulawesi, and variegatus is native to Thailand. Its a bit confusing...

Attachments

Preach

Arachnopeon
Thing is -according to stockmann c.variegatus is the only all black chaerilus, and I think mine looks more similar to them. But... ”celebes” would suggest they originate from Sulawesi, and variegatus is native to Thailand. Its a bit confusing...
just got input from Mark Stockmann! He eatablished from my pics that they are in fact chaerilus variegatus... thanks all!