Chaerilus Celebensis with 1st instar and some others...

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Chaerilus Celebensis with 1st instar and some others...

Chaerilus Variegatus

Gravid C.gracills?? mated 2 months ago i think :?

My Adult? P.trans... at 7th?????

Vixvy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great pics my friend! keep it up! good luck!

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Awesome pics!

I love the third one, really reveals the beauty of the species, love the granulation and coloration on the mesosoma.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
great pics!!! and thats a 7th instar? almost looks like it has one more to go doesnt it? hmmm.

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i dono but im sure its 7th. :) i gotthem at 2nd :p~ well if theres one more to go then im very happy for that .. so it can be BIGGER! if you r comparing with the crix, thats a huge one, alomosttwice the size of the normal brown crix haha, oh and they r more smelly too :(

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
SO what type of crickets are they? They arn't house crickets.

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not very sure as well and they don last long and dies easily, some huge black , cant jump high, and they bite! STINK so much more worst the normal house crix1

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How about in terms of growth... Do they grow fast? They seem very ogreish... Ogre Crix Anyone?

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How about in terms of growth... Do they grow fast? They seem very ogreish... Ogre Crix Anyone?

These black crix are the only ones available here in PH, at least in petstores. I've been breeding them and their lifespan is much the same. From egss to adults take about 6 weeks. They will not stink if kept in a container with vertical egg crates. The key to this is dry food and clean supply of water.

Walton,

Congrats with your babies. I hope you raise them well so that your "supplier" will not need to go hunting again.{D

SimplengGarapal

Arachnopeon
I know this is off-topic, but since there's a pic of P.trans there, I would just then like to ask if at what instar can we breed the P.trans? Thanks!

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if im not wrong at 7th ? thats when female mature and males at 6th instar

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that's correct as far as I know. and I cant imagine crickets that smell WORSE than house crickets.. thats just gross

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As far as I know those black crickets are usualy referred to as "field crickets" Cant think of any latin atm, but I am fairly sure that is what it is. much larger and yes you do have to love the bite :)

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh anyway guys.. the other female that i have popped too. spo i have now two Mums with babies on her back with the ist ones having a few alreday moulting on the mums back to 2nd instar

Vixvy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Again congrats my friend! keep it up! the more the merrier!