Then it happens to be SUPER THIN
Its stomach is like wrinkled and is losing hair
Out of fear of it dying I tried to feed it a nymph but it didnt do anything
It just let it climb over it
:///

Attachments

Kayis

Arachnopeon
Not a mature male? asking because it looks rough...although the picture is kind of unclear imo

Kayis

Arachnopeon
May have just been stress for it to refuse the food since travel/rehousing. Just leave it be and try again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Im not really sure but the prev owner said it was 2 yrs already and mated three times so I guess its an adult ¿¿¿ :(((
Do you know when your tarantula last molted? If it's been a while, it might be in pre-molt.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That really looks like a mature male. Probably only has a few months of life left, and may not eat at all.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
You have bought a mature male that looks very close to the end of its life :(

mistertim

Arachnobaron
We'd need pics of the front legs and pedipalps to see if it's a male. If it is and it has already mated a couple of times it probably doesn't have much time left. If it's a female then it might just be stress from the move and may take a little while to eat.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Whichever gender, if it has mated, it is mature. Did previous owner say he got an eggsac out of it?
It looks pretty ragged.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Visual confirmation is needed to be sure, but I have money on it being a mature male. It looks a good bit like my E. campestratus male does now. Bald abdomen disproportionate to the rest of the body, spindly legs. Look for the tibial hooks on the front legs, and the enlarged pedipalps, as has been suggested above.
If it is in fact male, all you can do is keep it comfortable and await the inevitable.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
I agree.. I think I see a hint of a tibial hook on the second picture.. Might be wrong though.