Chaco Golden Knee

jeryst

Arachnopeon
My Chaco is around 6" and I have her in a 10 gal. It is way too beg for her, as she doesnt roam around much at all. She usually likes to sit in front of her hide, or crawls back into it. The only time she ever crawls around the tank is when she is particularly hungry. I keep her on coconut fiber and she arranges it to her liking.

She is a great display T, and is a real sweetie. She has never been aggressive in any way. Sometimes, when I put several crickets in, she will catch one and slowly dine on it. The other crickets will climb all over her, and she doesnt seem to care. I guess she figures they are in easy reach when it is time for the next one.

superfunTtime

Arachnopeon
Having a minor issue with my enclosure not holding moisture, but I wonder how big of a deal it is since I hear chacos like it dry. The top of my tank is a screen, so the air flow is really high and I can only keep the humidity between 25-40%. This seems a bit too low to me and I feel like I should invest in a better lid to get it up to at least 50-60%.

Opinions?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Your pulchripes should be fine with this. I tend to believe that many people keep most of their tarantulas enclosures too moist which generally ends up as a thread wanting to know why they have a dead Avicularia.

superfunTtime

Arachnopeon
I do my best to keep my Avic avic between 60-70%. They normally live in rainforest so shouldn't I make the tank pretty wet?