Chaco golden knee care

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
is that your first T? And by that I mean how detailed do you want these instructions to be :) If you're familiar with T-keeping, then this will suffice:

Keep the substrate dry and provide only a water dish.. Once every couple of months you can overfill it a bit. And provide about 4-5" of substrate because they might burrow.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
sounds like you did zero research beforehand... dry is a must for Grammostola. a 5" pulcripes like that could be fed maybe once a week to once a month, no more than once a week though.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
1. get rid of the sticks, they look sharp and she can hurt herself
2. give her way more substrate - they like to burrow - and keep it dry
3. give her a water dish
4. keep her between 70-80 degrees
5. feed her, though she looks quite plump so she may not be hungry - don't be surprised if she doesn't eat - once a week should be more than enough
6. use the "search" function :)

RalphDacanay

Arachnosquire
I already search but im just confuse on the substrate becajese i saw on youtube and said that it should be wet and saw another one and said dry and i have been search like crazy and waiting to have a tarantula for 3 years hahaha but thanks guys for the info

RalphDacanay

Arachnosquire
Been asking on facebook pages and they said mist the tarantula every day so i got confused

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I'd go for a 30cm by 30cm enclosure, and one super worm a week will suffice. You can do 2 but it's not necessary.
Which is about 12 inches
I already search but im just confuse on the substrate becajese i saw on youtube and said that it should be wet and saw another one and said dry and i have been search like crazy and waiting to have a tarantula for 3 years hahaha but thanks guys for the info
There's a lot of conflicting (and false) information on youtube, facebook, google, etc. Generally this is the best place to be :)
You will have a very cranky Chaco if you mist her every day :D

cold blood

Staff member
Been asking on facebook pages and they said mist the tarantula every day so i got confused
Stop going there for advice please.

Dry sub, never mist..in fact, never mist any terrestrial....also never keep any t on wet sub...some require a certain degree of moisture, but that should never be accomplished by misting and it should never be wet. This species has zero moisture requirements unless theyre under an inch.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Adopt the metric system already, Americans! At least Celsius! It makes a hell of a lot more sense than your F :p
Oh I agree, I work with Japanese cars all day long which are metric so it makes more sense to me than our US system... someday we'll figure it out over here :banghead:

cold blood

Staff member
Adopt the metric system already, Americans! At least Celsius! It makes a hell of a lot more sense than your F :p
Waaaaa, waaaa, i have a computer and internet access, but googling a simple conversion is just too much.:confused:

RalphDacanay

Arachnosquire
Still gonna add some substrate coz the shop is close and its already 4:00 am heamre in the philippines hahaha so good night ill post the finish setup tomorrow or later.

Attachments

RalphDacanay

Arachnosquire
And the size of the aquarium is just permanent im gonna move her to a bigger setup maybe a 10 gallon

cold blood

Staff member
Acuras are the best, I love my TSX :D

Sorry to derail your post OP, back to the Chaco. Can we maybe see a picture of the whole enclosure?
Funny that that car is known as the type R accord everywhere on the planet but the us.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Waaaaa, waaaa, i have a computer and internet access, but googling a simple conversion is just too much.:confused:
ha-ha-ha :D I don't need a computer to convert your units into ours :D Maybe farenheit :D I'm just saying! :p 1/8 of an inch vs 3mm :p

@Paiige I drove a 99' mazda 323F with half a milion kilometers for 5 years with NOTHING being wrong with the car ever. I changed the car this november because Mazda was too rusty.. Engine-wise - flawless. Indestructable car.. Aside from rust :p