Chaco Gold Knee tarantula's Questions

Urban_M86

Arachnopeon
I have an offer to buy a Chaco Gold Knee tarantula's how do i ID them how do i know if its in good health? are they hard to care? how often do i feed her?

Thank you in advance

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do you own any other Ts? As far as identifying just google "images" for G. Pulchripes (chaco golden knee)...same thing. You'll find alot of pics. Care is really easy. Just get some coconut fiber and terraium moss, a hide and a small water dish and the T will be pretty happy. Mine likes crickets, but mealworms and dubia roaches are other options. Feeding once a week is pretty standard, but some will feed their Ts as much as they will eat. Be sure to remove any uneaten food. Chacos are known as gentle giants since they get to about 8" and are one of the most docile Ts there is. Great beginner T. Here's my girl.

Last edited:

Rob1985

This user has no status.
one of the best best ways to tell if it's on good health is the abdomen size. If the abdomen is plump, then it's fed well.

Other things to look for are types of enclosures used, substrate, how water is provided, etc.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

What is that on her abdomen? Water droplet?

And... it could just be the picture, but that enclosure looks WAY too small.
+1... time for a new home and a hide.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
its the plastic from the top of the enclosure ;)

OP, how big is the T you are looking at getting? G.pulchripes is fairly easy to distinguish from others around 2.5"-3" i believe was when mine got its hallmark knees.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
[/COLOR] +1... time for a new home and a hide.[/QUOTE]

Make that +2 she needs a bigger home

Urban_M86

Arachnopeon
thx guys i dont keep any T's but i have 3 corn snake and 1 crested gecko im xited for my upcoming T.

:drool: MORE PICS:drool:

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am placing an order for one of these Ts tomorrow, should have it Tue or Wed:D

RoseT

Arachnosquire

And... it could just be the picture, but that enclosure looks WAY too small.

It is the reflection from the lid, and she was in t hat for one night this is her new enclosure..

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Yeah, they're pretty much the best bang for the buck and they are really clear which I like. Cant go wrong with these.