Chaco due for molt but....

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
:confused:HI

I am new to this site and new to the hobby, only been at it for about a month or 2,though i already have 7 t's lol

But the one i am stressed about is my male chaco, he is due for a molt but i am afraid that the hooks on his front legs are going to get him stuck.
I have heard of it happening to a few people.

Any advise on how to help him, make it easier for hit to get out?

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Try not to worry to much most males have few issues when molting into a MM. I always increase humidity when I see a T start to get a little dark. I have a molting shelf so when I have Ts near a molt I can watch them more it also helps to remind me to give them water more often. I usually keep a heating pad on my molting shelf to increase the heat as well. It is very cold here in Utah and during the winter I think it helps the molting process. I took it off for the summer though seeing how my house is around 85 F constantly :rolleyes:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well.. There is no nice way to put this.. Since you have a MM G. pulchripes.. There his a very HIGH chance he does not make it through the molt..

The only thing you can do if he gets stuck is try & cut his molt off.. But... There is very little chance of him living long after if you actually get him free..

I cant really give advice on how to cut him free.. I have never done it.. I have read of people cutting their stuck T's out of a molt.. But.. As I said it didnt live long after..

Best I can say is.. Hope for the best... But expect the worse...

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
"The only thing you can do if he gets stuck is try & cut his molt off.. But... There is very little chance of him living long after if you actually get him free.."

Why do you say that he wont live long after that?

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
"The only thing you can do if he gets stuck is try & cut his molt off.. But... There is very little chance of him living long after if you actually get him free.."

Why do you say that he wont live long after that?
Once a male tarantula matures he should not molt again! this is the way of the world! main resone is to elimanate interbreeding! some males have molted out again, but they die soon after! this is the way they were created!

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
O WEL THEN THATS WHAT WILL HAPPEN.:wall:

AT WHAT SIZE IS A FEMALE READY TO MATE?
MY FEMALE IS ABOUT 8-9CM I THINK THATS A BIT SMALL.

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
O WEL THEN THATS WHAT WILL HAPPEN.:wall:

AT WHAT SIZE IS A FEMALE READY TO MATE?
MY FEMALE IS ABOUT 8-9CM I THINK THATS A BIT SMALL.
Jou wefie is baai te klein! bly met my praat, omdat baai mense heir weet nie
waaroor hulle praat! waar koop jy jou spinnekoppe? baie troetildeur winkels in Pretoria koop by my!

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know you already posted this over in the chat as well, but you're going to et the same answers about your T's fate :( Best thing to do probably is to start looking into getting a second T ;)

gumby, I believe the OP's T is already matured.

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
Hey

I guess I was just hoping someone could give me some hope

Obviously I don't want mt t do die but ithat seems to be the way things are going

Thanks anyway

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jou wefie is baai te klein! bly met my praat, omdat baai mense heir weet nie
waaroor hulle praat! waar koop jy jou spinnekoppe? baie troetildeur winkels in Pretoria koop by my!
Hey man:D

Its awesome that you can speak a different language, I actually am from Spain and I speak other languages too :D
But we need to keep the English, so everybody understands :)

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well it seems like you didn't know about mature males. When the males mature they get the hooks on their legs, this is used to hold the females fangs. This is after their ultimate molt, most likely their last, although some do successfully complete postultimate molts. At any rate, ultimate males have one objective, find a female and mate. They don't have long to live. That's just the way it is. If any of your other Ts have hooks that means they are mature males (MM). This is also something to look for when you buy them, so you don't end up getting a MM.

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
thanks for the replys like i sayd imm new at this and imm not sure how to go about a few of things. i Guess i should start looking for another t :(

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Hey man:D

Its awesome that you can speak a different language, I actually am from Spain and I speak other languages too :D
But we need to keep the English, so everybody understands :)
iPeron yo acostumbrado escribe en otros idiomas ya, yo comprendo!

Sorry wont do that again! i was xcited to see someone who would understand my home language on the thread!

Sweet!