Cerbalus sp. 'Sinai Desert White Huntsman' handling

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
While I do not advocate handling any inverts - I couldn't help but begin to experiment with this fascinating Sparassidae WC in the on the Sinai Peninsula. It has the demeanor of a Brachypelma - other Sparassidae especially the Malaysian variety are either lightening fast or aggressive - these beautiful spiders can be just as fast but never exercise their full speed unless startled - in addition I have MANY of these and have noticed zero aggression such as striking at a paintbrush/tongs. Although they are voracious eaters they dance around and make certain prey is prey before unleashing a quick strike.

I am interested to find out if anyone whom I or anyone else shipped this precise species to has noticed the same behavior.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that's a really neat spider. do you know how bad the venom is? (sorry I can't give you data; I don't have one.) :)

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've never had a bite and still waiting to find out which one of the three possible Sparassidae species this is. As far as I know - after reading all available information Sparassidae envenomation is only dangerous if you have an allergic reaction - although I don't know for sure which is why I say "I do not endorse handling of any Arthropods." Perhaps someone who has been bitten by a Huntsman has something to add? I've never been bitten my any arachnid.

-Jason
www.thearachnoporium.com

that's a really neat spider. do you know how bad the venom is? (sorry I can't give you data; I don't have one.) :)

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome. I'd like to know what's their venom like too - I'm about to buy this guy in the near future.
Matthew.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i have 1 aswell(got it local where i live in fla) yeah it's very interesting the way she dances about,very quick,mine will wait till dark to come out of her burrow, there she will eat the cricket,not during the day,when i first got her she bolted out of the cup and ran all over me,but no aggression what so ever,not like my other true spiders(i have many sp.) very cool spider indeed:clap:

Johnnyster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah

Mexico would be a good place.....Im actually planning a trip over there to see what I could find. (with my camera of course, wouldnt think of bringing anything back with me).

Well, good luck and hope you accomplish it.